Hello! I have been trying to use up things we have around the house that I do not want to waste. For example, I came across a box of unused personalized ecru cards and envelopes that my DH ordered from Crane's at a stationery store many years ago. And he never used but just a few. Remember stationery stores and when we wrote on stationery was a common thing??
The envelopes measure 6.5" x4.5" and are a high quality cotton paper and are engraved with the home address. So I plan to use this box of supplies for some of my cards. ( They cost more than I pay for my cardstock?) The flat card is only one panel and engraved with his name but I can layer it on to a base card to create a folded card and hide his name.
For this card I stamped one of the panels of ecru with Repeat Impressions Sunflower stamp using Memento inks and Copics for coloring. Masking was used with the stamp to layer the 3 flowers. Stamped the large Hello also from Repeat Impressions with Memento Brown ink. Added a strip of Pattern paper just because I like it and it goes well with the colors of the Sunflowers. I made this a folded card by trimming one of the envelopes and attaching to the stamped panel. Also stamped another envelope with the sunflower to coordinate for mailing.
Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: Anything Goes A2620
The House That Stamps Built: Anything Goes A2620

Good for you, using things up (one of my favorite things to do!)! Your card is so pretty! I really like how you have used the sunflowers together to create a little flower patch! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful way to recycle the stationery. I love the card you created.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful sunflower card!! So happy you linked up to The House That Stamps Built!
ReplyDeleteThis is very pretty! And it is great how you are able to use things around the house.
ReplyDelete