Hello! I have not made any cards lately because I have been working on some home décor projects. With all the snow and cold that we have had, this was a good time to work inside. I needed some new Roman Shades in my kitchen to replace the ones that I made in 2003 so I found some fabric at Joann's that I ordered online and made the two shades shown above. The photo below shows one of the shades raised (not a good photo) but gives an idea of how the shade looks pulled up. My kitchen is a small galley layout.
FYI: Calendar in photo above was another Project.
This photo shows the wall cabinets adjacent to one of the windows with the new shade. I changed the contents of one side of the cabinets to house floral china that I usually have in the China cabinet in the dining room. I also framed some of the floral pattern fabric to hang beneath the cabinets. The white notebooks on the counter hold my collection of recipes. I coordinated the books by printing the fabric on paper and adding to the spines of the books. Just happened to have the silk flowers that I added to this corner to complete this vignette. See the closeup below.
Since I had to order more fabric than I actually needed for the shades, I decided to make use of the rest of the fabric. I covered a bulletin board that I have in the kitchen. I also ended up with a round tablecloth and 2 throw pillows for the living room and 2 placemats for the dining room. I did not waste a single piece of the fabric. (The last bit of fabric was framed for the kitchen wall -above photo.)
FYI-Cork board was another DIY project.
I got all these projects from 6 yards of fabric with just scraps leftover. Would like to have 4 more placemats so may have to buy more of the fabric but have to order in 2 yard increments? or not? Cost of fabric was $9.99 per yard.
Challenge:
Love to Craft Challenge: LTCCB #43-February Anything Goes. Made several home décor items.











Look how pretty your house looks with your new fabric projects and all the lovely decorations. It is as pretty as a picture. Great work! TFS!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful are all the home decor you have done. You are very talented my friend.
ReplyDelete