Hello! Took some time out from paper crafting to do some crafting with Wine Bottle Corks. I made this Bird House with corks and a hot glue gun following a design that I saw on Pinterest. We have collected a LOT of corks over on the years and I am always looking for ways to reuse. Have made wreaths, caroling angels, trivets, bulletin boards, etc but this new project used a lot of corks....about 169-I counted. I used a lot of glue to make sure it holds together and added a screw eye for hanging. I plan to make the entry hole smaller but still working on that. It should be only 1.25 -1.5 inches for smaller birds and to keep out the larger birds and predators. Below photos show the sides and back.
Now I have to decide if I will hang this outside for the birds in the spring. If I make another one, I will include an opening so the house can be cleaned after use by a bird family.


Have a great day! I think I will go uncork another bottle of wine and start saving for another project.
Theresa


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments. Thanks!