Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Fall Back for Power Poppy
Hello! Today I have a card for the Power Poppy World Card Day Making Challenge 2- SPRING FORWARD, FALL BACK!
We are to make a card capturing one of the 2 seasons occurring on the two far ends of the world. I am entering a Fall Card using Power Poppy stamp set Sunny Harvest. I stamped the Chinese Lanterns with Memento Rich Cocoa ink on ivory CS and colored with Copics Y38,YR2,38,R24, E0000, 15,43, YG03,63,67. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Olive Green. I cut the image with Rectangle Die and layered on Pattern Paper mat from Teresa Collins World Traveler Pad and then a layer of Polka Dot from Fancy Pants Collection of the Moment. Card base is an Ivory CS. I added a ribbon of satin green with Copper Leaves to finish. (See the top card.) On the bottom photo, I decided to add some Metallic Leaves ( Die cuts found in stash) and a Copper brad, but not decided if like better without the leaves or with. Any thoughts?
Challenges:
Power Poppy World Card Making Day Challenge: #2 Spring Forward, Fall Back.
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog: Theme is Autumn
613 Avenue Create Challenge: Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash Challenge: Theme is: It's The Most Colorful Time of the Year! Use fall colors.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use Pattern paper on a card.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Copics,
Fall,
Pattern Paper,
Power Poppy Stamps,
Ribbon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Gorgeous card! The stamp is beautiful and it's a lovely design.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
Chris
x
Theresa, this is gorgeous! I love this image so much, and you did a beautiful job with the coloring of it. Thanks for playing in our Power Poppy challenge. I spotted this card in Shopping our Stash, too, where it stood out beautifully among the others.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are sharing your project & creativity at 613 Ave C Theresa! Gorgeous colors you chose for the pods and the design is elegant!
ReplyDelete~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create Challenge #92 Anything Goes/no twist
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)
Absolutely gorgeous, lvoe the image and how you colored it, both are fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteLovely card! I love the image and the beautiful autumnal colours!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining the crew at Shopping Our Stash this week for the "Most Colourful Time of the Year" challenge!!
That's a gorgeous stamp! great colours. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x
ReplyDeleteOooooh....what a beautiful Fall Themed card! Beautiful colouring and design!! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing the Power Poppy WCMD02 Challenge!
ReplyDeleteoh WOW, what a gorgeously autumnal card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (colorful!) STASH with us this week! :)
ReplyDelete