Friday, May 2, 2014
Thinking of Summer Time
Hello! I have been playing with some challenges, one of which is to make a card for the guys so I thought all guys like to go to the beach and also like to be the king of the castle. That brought thoughts of this sand castle stamp from Repeat Impressions so my card developed around that. I stamped the castle and the sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored with Copics E30, 31, 33 and B01 and BG000. I edged the image with the brown ink after trimming and attached it to the card base of a Crate Paper Patterned Paper on a turquoise paper. I used the pattern detail to adapt for the sketch from Seize the Sketch #19 challenge.
Challenge links:
The House That Stamps Built: Challenge DCC423 For the Guys
Seize the Sketch: #19 Shown above
Simon Wednesday: Challenge is Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday: Here Comes Summer
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa
Posted by
Theresa's Studio
Labels:
Beach,
Challenges,
Copics,
Repeat Impressions Stamps
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


A really beautiful scene! What a great paint job, Theresa! Love the pretty waves on the bottom too! Really fun and lovely summer card!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card Theresa :-) I love the whole 'King of the Castle' idea, very clever :-) summer will soon be here !!
ReplyDeletethanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x
Fabulous - I adore this fun sand castle -- great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining in with Seize the Sketch~
ReplyDeleteOh, Theresa, this is beautiful! I love the way the blues at the bottom mimic waves, and that little scene couldn't be more perfect. Thanks for coming to play with us at Seize the Sketch!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun take on the sketch; I am ready for the beach now! Your card reminds me of lazy summer days. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Sketch this week!
ReplyDeleteOh what a fabulous card, love the sandcastle and what a great job on the sketch.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
luv
Debby