For the month of March Craft the Scene's challenge theme is Tropical
Shores-to show things like palm trees, beaches and a bit of water. I used a lot of stamps for my scene including Flourishes' Palm trees with hammock from Beach Life, Seaside Stamping Ink's sand dunes hills, Alextamping's fence, ship and water reflections and ripples, and GKD birds. I used inks Memento Rich Cocoa, Summer Sky, Bahama Blue, Toffee Crunch, Grey Flannel: Brilliance Moonlight White (for sails); Copics E00,E15,E30, E34, E35, E50, YG67, B24, YR09, and Memento Markers Green Bamboo and Tuxedo Black, and some pencils for highlighting. Used brown brads on the trees for coconuts. I used Oval scallop Nesties die to create clouds in the sky. Used number of techniques including sponging, masking, coloring, and blending to get the look that I wanted. I used a gold card base and mat of bright blue mat under the scene. I spent 6 weeks on the tropical Island of Captiva recently which was great inspiration for this challenge.
Challenge Links:
Craft a Scene: Tropical Shores
No Matter Which Challenge: Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft Challenges: Cool Men-make a card for a male using cool colours: blue, green, grey etc.

Gorgeous scene, Theresa! Great coloring!
ReplyDeleteYour card is very beautiful ! Thank you for joining us at NMWC. Christa.
ReplyDeleteGreat card for our cool men challenge,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week and good luck.
ReplyDeleteLouise xx
beautiful beachscene and colouring.
ReplyDeletethank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings
This is such a super scene Theresa. Love that sailboat stamp! Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful scene, and, like Nancy, I love that sailing boat. I shall have to look for that one. thank you for joining us at Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie
ReplyDeleteAwesome card..WTG!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing at NMWC this month.
Happy Crafting
Sam