Monday, June 25, 2012

Friends of Speedy TV Challenge

  Friends of Speedy TV are challenging you to make a 4th of July card for this week. In anticipation for the holiday that will be arriving soon, I always think of the fireworks that we will be enjoying in the night sky. In my scene to inspire you, I have depicted the sky ablaze with fireworks near a lighthouse on the coast.  We may not be near a coastline but the sky will be just as much fun to watch.  I do not have stamps for fireworks but I improvised using the centers of a stamp from MFP's Black-eyed Susans to create my explosions. I made a similar card  last year but I used stamps of mums for the effect.I stamped the lighthouse scene from the newly released MFP's "Island Life" stamp set, colored with Copics, cut out and place on Dark Blue CS. To this I attached the "explosions"  that I stamped with Versamark on the dark blue CS, embossed with Gold EP, and cut out. Did sentiment with "Happy" from MFP's and wrote in "4th".This was attached to a base card of Red CS.
Supplies:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co."Island Life", "Black-eyed Susans"  and Happy from "Greetings of the Season"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad, Memento Potter's Clay, Bamboo Shoots and Lady Bug Markers,  Versamark with Gold EP and Red EP
Gold Marker, Silver Marker, Yellow Glaze Pen
Copics: B0000,000,01, E 00,31,33, C00,01,03, W1, G20,21
Papers: Bazzill Dark Blue, White and Red CS from stash

For those who enter the challenge at Speedy TV this week, you have a chance to win a MFP, a Heinrich Co stamp set shown:
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

19 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike - so they say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa, very clever using those Susans for fireworks. Love the idea..great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! love using those BESusans for fireworks...will be casing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever use of the flowers! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever to use the bes for the fireworks! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever, clever girl you are! I wouldn't have thought of that - and it's a very pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Theresa! A fireworks scene like that would be a dream to see :) Thank you for stopping by my blog during The Outlawz celebration :) I appreciate the follow and am now following you as well! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever!!!!! Love your fireworks using flower stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very creative! I love that you were able to make fireworks from daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Using black eyed susans as fireworks - what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Say, you got a good article. Much thanks again. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Theresa so creative of you to use the flowers as fireworks!! I love that you used them with the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Theresa, I love the fireworks. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been looking for something like this, thanks! I think all of this helpful info are so helpful. Bookmarked, I Well check back later!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is actually the type of information I have been looking for. Thank you for posting this information.

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of the more impressive blogs Ive seen.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!