Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Christmas Stocking


Hello! Today I have a Christmas card made with Power Poppy stamps from the Poinsettia set. The stocking was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Ivory CS and colored with Copics.  I added some Liquid Pearls to the cuff and loop and Yellow Glaze to the center of the flower.  Wink of Stella was used on the ribbons.  I added a punched scalloped edge to top and bottom of the trimmed image.  I used the sketch from Poppy Sketch challenge using a Pattern Paper of Chevron design for the required pop of pattern. Pattern Paper from American Crafts Kringle and CO Pad and Cardstock from GKD.  I decided to wait and add a sentiment when I use this card.

Challenges:
Poppy Sketches: #16 shown in graphic on right. Use a Pop of Chevron Pattern.
Power Poppy Peep of the Week: Create with Power Poppy Stamps
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Monthly challenge to use pattern paper.

 I love reading  all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Angelica Schmidt said...

What a beautiful card! Love the dp you used! Fabulous job! Have a Blessed day!

Leslie Miller said...

I love the festive paper you used for this one! Also love the green stocking and how you've made it look all soft and puffy with the way you've colored it. And then you went and added some real puff to the white trim. So cute!

Shelly said...

So fun and festive! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!

DeeDee said...

I love seeing all these Christmas cards! So pretty!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

This is a great CAS design, your colors are cheerful. Lovely card.

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!
Thanks for playing ay Poppy Sketches!
Laura

Indy said...

Oh this is such a festive card! So glad you were inspired by the Poppy Sketches challenge. I hope you will join us tomorrow for our new challenge!
Hugs,
Debbie

ChristineCreations said...

So cute Theresa, I love a green stocking :). Adorable creation. Thanks for playing along with us at Power Poppy this week!