Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Watercolor with Distress Inks

 

 Winnie & Walter Blog are having  Share the Love Week featuring Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  They are featuring use of these inks all week and are having some challenges for us to join in the fun.  Day One kicks off with a challenge: Watercolor/Watercolour!
I fell in love with a card made by Laura and ended up Casing her card.  I rubbed the ink pads onto the small piece of watercolor paper and  sprayed it multiple times using a mister letting the ink run down and create my background.  I used Distress Inks Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey, and Barn Door.  I trimmed the paper to fit the card base of Pink CS.  I cut 6 hearts with the Nesties 3 smallest scallop heart dies from pink CS and vellums, yellow CS and vellum.  I stacked and stitched the hearts together and attached to the card. When looking for something to complete my card, I found some forgotten Heart beads that looked great with my card. I stamped LOVE from Winnie & Walter stamp set The Bold, The Big, and The Happy with DI Picked Raspberry.

Challenges:
Winnie & Walter Blog: Watercolor/Watercolour using distress inks
CAS-ual Fridays: Summer Lovin'  use hearts in summer colors



Thanks to Lin for bringing this watercolor challenge to me on her post yesterday.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful results, Theresa! Love the hearts and the happy colors you used!

Laura Sterckx said...

So pretty! I am very happy that I inspired you. :) Your card is gorgeous. Love the hearts.