Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge 147

 

I am so excited...I am the guest designer for Timeless Tuesday for December 2011. When I was asked by  Tammy Hershberger, the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge Coordinator, to be their Guest Designer, I was speechless and all I could say was WOW!  I am so honored and excited to be a part of this prestigious and talented group of designers and of course, Flourishes is one of my favorite stamp makers. So, here I am as a guest designer for this month.

Silke is the hostess for FTTC147 and she has a sketch challenge shown below.  Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Each week Flourishes draws one lucky name for a $10 gift code to the Flourishes store! Check out all the details at the Flourishes Blog.

For my card I decided to make a New Year's Card since I have finished my Christmas cards and I wanted to use a stamp set that I recently acquired, "Moments in Time" and thought it would be perfect for my card with a gold, black and white color combo.  I stamped the clock face on Flourishes White Classic Card Stock using a Memento Tuxedo Black Marker. I used a marker instead of an ink pad in order to stamp only part of the clock...I eliminated the hands so I could make the clock strike "Midnight".   I stamped the separate clock hands from the stamp set using versamark and gold embossing powder on a metallic gold card stock and cut them out. I used a gold brad to attach to the face.  I finished the card using a metallic gold card base, a white embossed mat, a strip of black card stock embossed and sponged with gold ink, some layered ribbons, and a sentiment from "Paperwhites".

Check out what the Timeless Tuesday Team has created for this challenge.

  Stamps: Flourishes " Moments in Time" and "Paperwhites"
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad and Marker; Gold Ink pad: Versamark
Papers: Flourishes Classic White Card Stock, Unknown Gold Metallic Card Stock, Scrap of Black Card stock
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Circle and Lacey Circle
Embossing Folders: Cuttlebug Divine Swirls, Polka Dots
Sakura Clear Star Pen ( does not show in photo)
Gold Metal Brad from Stash     
Ribbons from Stash: White Organza with Gold  Stripes layered over Solid Gold Metallic

I cannot believe that I did not use a single Copics!
Thanks for dropping by.  I enjoy all your comments. Thank you.
Theresa

34 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Waht a great idea with the clock hands Theresa! Awesome!

Patti P. said...

Congrats, so happy for you and you will do such an awesome job for them this month! This is so elegant and gorgeous. Love the gold hands and all of your embossing. Enjoy your GDT spot!

Olga said...

Wow! this is beautiful!! Congrats on being the GD!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm doin the happy dance for you {so glad you can't see me} Congratulations my friend! They are so lucky to have you!This is absolutely stunning!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFULLY done Theresa, so Happy you are joining us this month.

Beate said...

Theresa, I am so excited you are playing along with us this month! Your card for the sketch looks gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Carla S. said...

Congrats on your GD spot, Theresa! Can't wait to see your creations this month! Your card is gorgeous! Very elegant design!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Wonderful card Theresa! Love the clock image you used as the focal point and the mix of patterned papers! Thanks for joining along with FTTC this month :)

Amanda said...

Theresa, Hi and Congratulations on your Flourishes Guest Design Team spot!! I am really looking forward to seeing your cards this month!!

I love that you used this set from Flourishes, it's not a set you see used too often, and I'm glad your inspiring us with it!! I love the Spellbinders and colors you used!! A great card and i love it :) I can't wait to see what you have next week! :)

Betty Benton said...

Congrats on being asked to be guest designer in Dec. for the Timeless Tuesday challenge! What an honor -- I know you'll enjoy working with such a talented group. Your clock striking midnight is an inspired idea -- love it!

Makiko Jones said...

Theresa, I am so excited you are with us this month!
Your card is fantastic!! I love your take on the sketch! Wonderful mix of the clock image and the greeting!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, this is so creative!! Great take on the sketch for New Year's Eve. :)

CraftinGranny said...

What a beautiful card for a great challenge. That's a wonderful sketch to work with. Wish I had time to play along. Hope to be back crafting soon. "Hugs"

deesdesigns said...

Isn't it amazing how gorgeous some of our projects are when we don't use our copics - this is just stunning. Thanks so much for sharing you card, enjoy your DT!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh very cool...I love the masculine design!

Marlena M. said...

You are SO smart! What a great idea! Congratulations on being guest designer. ;) BTW, I LOVE your blog background...so beautiful.

The Rubber Maid said...

What a georgeous card...Looks like it came from a Hallmark shop. You did a fabulous job and congrats on being the GD for this month. I'll be back next week to see what you conjured up. Pat

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a wonderful idea to use the Moments in Time clock image for this sketch, Theresa! Gorgeous card!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Congratulations on being invited to be a guest designer. I can certainly see why you were chosen. Your sketch card is gorgeous. I love the fancy clock face.
Blessings,
Teresa

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a really awesome card. Love the clock idea!
Thanks for sharing with us.

Yogi said...

love your card and the combination of elements and the monochromatic feel to it. Beautiful.

Carole said...

What a lovely card, so elegant. Congratulations on being the guest designer. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Ann H. said...

I love the simplicity of this card.

Ravengirl said...

How very clever! This is fabulous!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Such a cool card! And I *love* the wintery theme of your blog!!!

stampqueen said...

Awesome card!!!! I am loving the black, white and gold combo lately too!!!!

Rosemary said...

fabulous!! congrats on being the guest designer this month!!

gg nurse said...

Unique & gorgeous card!

Leslie Turner said...

What a gorgeous card! Haven't seen too many Happy New Year cards - love it! And congrats on your Guest Designer status! I hope to achieve that some day too!! :D

Lagene said...

Congratulations on being the guest designer! Wonderful "time piece" new years card!

Theresa said...

Isn't it surreal to be a part of Flourishes. I loved being their Guest Designer. I am so happy for you that you are a part too!! I totally love your card. I really need to get that set. Love how you used it...lovely card.

Tanya said...

totally gorgeous! I love the real hands, love the colors, perfect for New Years. big congrats on your guest dt. :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Theresa, first of all *WELCOME* as our Guest this month! We are so thrilled to have you! You have been such a loyal player and I'm happy you get to show off your talent! Second, your take on the Sketch is brilliant! I love how you used this Set!!! Matter of fact you gave me an idea for the future with this image...thank you! Hugs ~S~

Misti said...

Great card! Congrats to you!!