Friday, June 24, 2011

Another Attempt to do Vintage

Yes I know that I hardly ever attempt to do vintage style cards but I am giving it another try. And I emphasize the word TRY as I am not sure if this qualifies to be called vintage. When I showed this to my DH, he said that it doesn't look like something you would do.....his way of not being negative.  I made this card for the challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow to use PURPLE, KRAFT & BLACK to create a vintage, shabby chic or primitive inspired card . Not sure what category this falls under. But I tried using the elements of  distressing, vintage look stamps, and some wrinkled seam binding for the bow. Used distress ink and shimmer spritz to age the mat of purple and embossed mat of kraft. Distressed the edges too. Maybe I have too much black?? Used Critter Sketch for layout.
Challenge Limks:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Color challenge
Critter Sketch: Sketch challenge below

Supplies:
Stamp: Anna Griffin Hat and Handbags
           GKD Sentiment
Ink:  Memento Grape Jelly and Sweet Plum
        Distress Inks for sponging
Papers: Black and Kraft CS, Purple is scrap from      Handmade paper for texture
Cuttlebug EF Victoria (has a vintage look)
Atyou Spica Gold
Black Seam Binding
Gold Shimmer Spritz-used on ribbon and mats

This one is for you, Patti P.

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

10 comments:

marsha said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Theresa! I think you "do" vintage very, very well! Your hat is gorgeous and your design is truly vintage. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow challenge, please come back and join us again!
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT

Patti P. said...

Theresa, I am so happy to see you playing at SCH....so glad to see you and your beautiful vintage card and you do vintage very well. Your hubby is just not used to this style but keep playing and he will be! lol I love your stamp choice and the embossing in the background is a beautiful touch. I especilly love your black bow!! Hope to see you next week, hint to you, it will be lots of fun.

Patti DT/SCH

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Three cheers to you for going outside of your comfort zone! You did a mighty fine job, Theresa! I think they were tough colors, but I guess that is why they call it a challenge!

Olga said...

I think this is a gorgeous vintage card!!!! Looks like a winner to me!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm with Olga.... vintage, shabby chic it is! You did a great job on this beautiful creation!

Sharon Basel said...

Well I think this is the perfect vintage card. It is a lovely card with a beautiful image that is so perfect for the challenge. I especially love the crinkle ribbon and the textured and distressed embossing you did - they are the perfect vintage touch. Thanks so much for joining the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge. I hope we see you again soon.
Sharon, SCH-DT

Betty Benton said...

Love that bow -- think it makes your card definitely look vintage! Great job on the challenge.

redwasher1 said...

I think this is just fabulous!!! Great card!!

Mina said...

wow you do vintage perfectly Theresa and there is certainly not too much black, its a perfect balance
Mina xxx

Cec said...

Sorry, I am late visiting but what a treat when I got here. This is wonderful and vintage. I love how you inked the embossing with the purple and there is just the right amount of black. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow and I hope you give it a go again.
Hugs!
Cec