Friday, October 15, 2010

Double Owls for Halloween

I made this card in 2 slightly different Versions. Can you find the differences?  I used a new stamp that my husband selected when we stopped at a nearby stamp store, Cottage Stampers  in Hartville, OH. I buy more when my DH is along because he sees things that interest him that I might not buy and ...best of all he pays for my purchases. Any way, back to my card. This stamp is from Northwoods and I saw a sample card at the shop that I tried to CASE. I stamped with Versamark on a white glossy CS and embossed with black EP. I then sponged with yellows, reds, and blues til I got the effect that I wanted. I trimmed the image and mounted on purple CS ( may be Bazzill, not sure).  I added 2 ribbons on one and used one ribbon and a stripe of flock on the other. Added a strip of double sided tape and sprinkled on Doodlebug Crush Velvet flock.  Attached to base card of Black CS.

Challenges to enter:
Let's Ink It Up: Use Halloween colors.
Cupcake Craft Challenges: Scary Creatures-use any cute Halloween image or scary.
City Crafter Challenge:  Make a card/project that has something with 'Wings'. I used owl and bats.
The Creative Cottage Challenge: Make something for Halloween
Really Reasonable Ribbon: Make Halloween Card

Are you ready for the ghosts and goblins?
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

17 comments:

Olga said...

Both are gorgeous, I like the second one best because of the ribbon at the bottom, it looks more complete! Have a good one!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Your DH has good taste! That is an awesome choice of stamps and you colored it beautifully

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great halloween cards, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

SuzanneK said...

Your hubby has good taste, great stamp. Love your card, your background is super. Thanks for playing along at LIIU, good luck and come back soon. Cheers Suzanne

♥♥ CHARITYCRAFTER! ♥♥ said...

These are brilliant! I am ready for the ghost and goblins x Leigh x

Selma said...

These are both beautiful Theresa.

Betty Benton said...

Keep taking that hubby to the stamp stores with you! Can't beat him picking out stamps and buying them too! Love your owls!

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

I also see that your Hubby has great taste! I love owls and this one is fab! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up!!

Hugzzzzz
Tammy xx

Patti said...

These are awesome! I think I'll take DH with me to Hobby Lobby and see if he picks things out and pays... what a great idea!

Cheryl Nelson said...

fantabulous cards! love that owl!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Claire said...

Gorgoeus cards, I love that owl stamp!! Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck and hope to see you again soon :-)
Claire xx

Suzie McFloozy said...

Beautiful card - very creative x
Great work x
Thanks for joining in with us at the creative cottage challenge blog x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Ros said...

I love how you did this ... you are one talented lady ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

Love your owl cards, thanks for playing at LIIU.

Hugs Ali x

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great Halloween card Theresa and what a great husband you have!! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Kathryn Myhre said...

Beautiful card! I love the sky!

Joanna K said...

Double owls, double treat! Beatiful cards! ;) Thanks for joining us at LIIU and I hope you can join us again soon ;)) Hugs, Joanna x