Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's Cooking for Joan's Garden

 At Joan's Gardens this week the challenge is to
■ Create a corner bookmark using the corner cut off an envelope. You can use an envelope from "junk" mail.
■You need to cover the front and back
■Be creative and let us see what you can come up with.

I decided to make this bookmark for use in a cookbook. I started with the corner of an old red envelope that I covered with a Check Paper from Reminese. I stamped the radishes with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on White CS, colored with Copics, cut out the image, and coated with Glossy Accents for texture. Attached the image to front and stamped "What's Cooking?" Finished the back with the same stamp and Check paper. Stamps are from Flourishes "Garden Fresh".
Plan to make more bookmarks to use in cookbooks. So easy! Thanks Joan and Selma for this idea to recycle old envelopes.


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Selma said...

What a great idea. I never thought of making one for a cookbook. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens this week.

Carla S. said...

Great bookmark, Theresa! Fantastic idea to make it cookbook-themed!

Betty Benton said...

Love your cookbook bookmark! Good thinking!

Patti P. said...

I love this one, but I am a sucker for gingham...I have some bookmarks in my cookbooks, but none as lovely as this. Need to give this a try.
hugs...