Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

 Still rainy here in Ohio! Guess you can tell this card was inspired by the weather. I love this stamp from Wags 'n' Whiskers called "Love You Sis". I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black on GKD White CS and colored with Copics. I drew in some rain and added glossy accents to the umbrella and boots. Rounded the corners with EK Success punch and attached the image to Blue CS from Bazzill with strip of yellow and some "raindrop" gems.  I generated the sentiment on the computer. Used a sketch from Card Patterns shown on left.
 Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday: Make a card inspired by the weather.
Card Patterns Sketch: Flipped sketch for my card.
Stamp Something:  Theme is April Showers
Prairie Fairy Fridays: Be inspired by a nursery rhyme. I chose  "Rain, rain, go away!"
 Other supplies used:
Copics: B 21,24,26,29, E 00,11,21,23,25,30, 31,33,34, R 81,83, 43, Y 02,06,13,26
Ink: Memento Summer Sky

My version of this song:
Ain't no sunshine when it's gone.
It's not warm when it's away.
Ain't no sunshine when it's gone
and it's always gone too long
anytime it goes away.
And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know...........

Please drop by with a little sunshine!
Thanks, Theresa

7 comments:

Deb said...

Gorgeous card and very appropriate, raining here too!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Olga said...

okay now I'm singing Rain rain, go away, little Theresa wants to play, come again another day...... your card is awesome, I love your coloring!!!!! and those rain drop blings are fantastic!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Sheesh... I have to quit reading Olg's comments, now I'm hummin rain,rain go away! Super adorable card... lovin the rain boots so dang cute!

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

I love weather inspired umbrella images! This is very cute! Thank you for entering the FFF hallenge this time! Good Luck - and: HAPPY EASTER, too!!

Hugs, Hege

Sue W said...

Yep I'll have that tune on the brin now too.....Thanks Theresa!!!!
Sweet card though! Happy Easter!

whoistracy said...

So sweet! Love how you rotated the sketch. So glad you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

~amy~ said...

really cute, love the image! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!