Sunday, August 22, 2010

Challenge for Monday

At There's Magic in the Air, Gloria Westerman brings us the challenge to use any acquired image by Paper Cupcakes and to make any type of flower/flowers and then use it/them on your project. It can be made from paper, material, crocheted, etc.
I used the image Moss Topped Birdhouse  from Paper Cupcakes and colored the image with Copics. I sponged the sky with Memento Summer Sky ink. I matted this on a greenish pattern paper and placed on a striped mat on a base card stock of ivory. Used ribbon and brads from stash. Made my flower with by punching coordinating papers and attached with a brad . The sentiment is a Karen Foster Rub-on.
I followed a sketch from Annabelle Challenge.
 
I love the look of this birdhouse. Have had the image for awhile and this is first time I have used.
Thanks for dropping by today.
Theresa

10 comments:

Olga said...

how adorable! You did great and your coloring is over the moon!

Patti said...

I love this image :0) You really did it proud... love your flower too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Cupcakes!

CraftinGranny said...

One of my fav images Theresa! Love your color combo and especially the flower you made from coordinating papers. Thanks for joining us at PCC this week. Hope to see you back next week.
"Hugs" Carol

Nina said...

Theresa, just wonderful. Love your sky and your pp and your flower is just lovely! makes a wonderful thank you card! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at Paper Cupcakes! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
Paper Cupcakes Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

Beautiful card, you've done a great job of the sketch!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week :)
Andrea

Patti P. said...

Thanks Theresa for playing at PCC this week. Love your card. Great use of the dp and your coloring on this image is gorgeous!! This is one of my fav images.

Payne Holler Cards said...

adorable image! lov that little flower (0:
have just spent quite awhile visiting all your posts I've missed - you are so talented!
AND I also visited some of the new challenges getting ready to start that are on your sidebar
hugs,
Linda

ps feels good getting back to visiting everyone !

Dru said...

Theresa this is so pretty - I love the papers and colors you chose. Reminds me of one of the bird houses I have in my yard - Love it!! Thanks for playing along with Paper Cupcakes, and hope to see you back again soon!

Sue W said...

Beautiful card Theresa - this is one of my favourite images from Nina and your card showcases it beautifully. Thanks for playing along with Annabelle stamps again this week and good luck!

Ida said...

Very nice. Wonderful images, colors and great flower embellishment. Thanks for joining the Annabelle Sketch Challenge.