Thursday, February 4, 2010

Where There's A Will, There's A Way

I really wanted to do a challenge with the image from There's Magic in the Air ...such a cute bear! Sue Walsh, a cyber friend of mine, brought us their challenge this week. She wants us to use this image from Paper Cupcakes " I Heart You" and she would like to see the image used on a Valentine gift tag with some stitching somewhere on it. (Stitching can be done with thread or also can be hand drawn).
Well, I downloaded the image and colored it in Photoshop Elements....added the background and typed in a sentiment on the heart, added a frame, and even found a border that looks like stitches. That "stitching" is for you Sue!
The result for my tag is seen to the right.  Not the same without layers and dimensions but is best I could do with a broken wrist miles from my studio. Kind of feels like I cheated but feels good to create this.
Please check out the challenge and all the great projects made with this image. My friend Linda is the guest designer this month and many of my stamping friends are on the TMITA Design Team.
Thanks for stopping in! Theresa

12 comments:

Patti said...

You totally rock GF! This is awesome! Your right where there is a will there is always a way! Well done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!
~Hugs~
Patti

Patti J said...

I canNOT believe that you did this all via your computer, AND with a broken wrist! You should get a 'most dedicated' prize! lol... Your tag is adorable - I had no idea that there was faux stitching on the computer someplace! Great job, sure hope you feel better soon! Thanks for joining us this week at TMITA/PCC - hope you can 'find a way' to join us again next week!

Jennie said...

Oh this is so cute Theresa...look at you working injured. You be careful now and heal up real good!

Selma said...

Theresa your tag is adorable. I had no idea you could do all that with PhotoShop. I had a broken wrist last year so know how difficult it would be to do this. Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC. Hope your wrist heals soon.

betty benton said...

Glad to see you creating! We do what we can, right? I have no idea how to go about doing that with the computer -- guessing you need a special program, right?

Nina said...

Theresa, I don't think this is cheating, no one said it couldn't be a digi tag! :O) I love doing digital things like this as well, even have scrapped a few pages, I make way less of a mess that way!! :O) Golly, I didn't know you broke your wrist, wow, I am impressed you are even doing this! I even have digi ribbon you could have added!! LOL.. I think it turned out super cute and I am glad to see you back at our challenge and hope after you heal you will be around still! Love your digi tag! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

craftieodamae said...

WOWZERS!!!!!! YOu take the cake with this one GF! Absolutely amazing! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week! Hugs, Olga

Nilla said...

Fabulous digi card! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at TMITA/PCC this week! Hugs Nilla

Danielle said...

Awesome job! And with a broken wrist too - you're amazing! Thanks for joining us at TIMITA/PCC this week!
Hugs, Danielle

Payne Holler Cards said...

wow! I am just now trying to learn photoshop - this is incredible...didnt know you could do this with it!!! I just want to learn how to do the sketches like Theresa does over on STV - still havent figured it out!!!

Sue W said...

OMG Theresa!!! I'm so glad to were able to take this challenge I love your tag!! Wish we lived a bit closer I think you could teach me lots about Photoshop!!!
Good luck with the challenge ad hope the wrist is healing well!!

Kim said...

Where there's a will, there's a way! Great job meeting the challenge and overcoming yours! Thanks for playing with us this week TMITA/PCC, hope you heal soon!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!