Monday, February 8, 2010

Challenge at TMITA

Still trying to do some card challenges. There's Magic in the Air
has a great challenge by Patti J using their free digi this week with flourishes and/or pearls to make a comforting card.
My result using Photoshop to make a card is shown.
Colored the bird using PS and typed a sentiment. Found a digi flourish online but forgot to note the source. Flipped it to make the bottom border. Copied a pearl from photo online and made my "pearl bling". Added a lavendar "mat" to back of card and "mat" under bird using paint can to fill in.
This was another digital card using only Photoshop to create. Yes I can print this card but do not have printer here in Florida.  I have even printed cards and added texture and bling after printing. For example, I would print this without adding those digital pearls and then add stick on pearls to the card.  I used to make all my cards totally on the computer using Print Shop and Photoshop but made mostly photo cards or cards using printed images. That was before I got into stamping, embossing, etc. I like the more handmade look that these techniques add.
Hope you enjoy my digital interpretation of this challenge.
Thanks for dropping by. Hope you have had a  great day!
Theresa

10 comments:

  1. I am in awe of what you are doing with Photoshop! Theresa, this is incredible! I am also in awe that you are competing in all of these challenges with a broken wrist! Wowzers! What a gorgeous card! Your flourishes are just beautiful, and those digi pearls look so real! Thanks for joining in at TMITA/PCC this week! Can't wait to see what you create NEXT week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just amazing! Patti J said it all! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!
    ~Hugs~
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Theresa, you GO girl!!! Absolutely fabulous and I love the idea of printing it off and adding embellies and other textures! Brilliant! Thanks for playing along with us again this week at TMITA/PCC, and see ya next week!

    Aloha, Kim
    TMITA/PCC Design Team member
    Check out the free weekly digi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh get out of here!!!!!
    This is amazing Theresa........ you are such a talent !!
    I can't wait to see what you do with next weeks challenge......you will join in now........promise ???????

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a PS pro Theresa! Seriously, this card is stunning! I'm so amazed you're managing to stil create cards with a broken wrist and really happy you're still joining in with us at TMITA/PCC!!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first word was WoW!!! It is amazing what you are doing with PS. I can barely do a watermark, lol. I would love to go spend some time with you to learn how to do this. This is another beautiful card. Looking forward to seeing you again next week. Thanks for joining us again at TMITA/PCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh WOW !! you are a PRO! and with a broken wrist! If you would ever do a CD tutorial or any kind of PS toot...I would be a customer!
    it's hard to teach yourself this software...I have spent hours on it sitting in this motel and have figured out digi's but not the coloring, texturing,etc and totally lost in trying to a sketch! you are the master!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous digi work! Love it! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week and I hope to see you next week too! Hugs,Olga

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks!