Saturday, July 22, 2017

Over The Rainbow Happy

Today I have 2 cards which are very similar but different.  I used the same Repeat Impressions stamps (had since Jan 2016) and the same Distress Ink colors on both but used Neenah  CS on the top card and watercolor paper on the bottom one for the panels.  I also used different layouts and base cards.  I used an acrylic block to smear the colors, sprayed with water and laid the papers on the block to blend the colors.  I think I used Distress Inks Barn Door, Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, and Wilted Violet.  The words were stamped with Versafine Black Onyx. 

 Challenges:
Retro Rubber Challenge:  Challenge #67 Use Rainbow or Rainbow Colors. Have had Happy Stamp set since January 2016.







Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

5 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Your rainbow paper is perfect! I especially like the second card. The blue base and distressed edge show off the rainbow panel beautifully! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

JoMo said...

I love the simplicity and clarity of both these designs - the rainbows are subtle and effective. I agree with Jan that the base colour and edge of the second card makes it especially effective.

Claire Grantham said...

Such a clever way to incorporate the theme, I love the rainbow paper and the torn edges. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Creative Lady said...

Love your rainbow of watercolors! Adding the torn edges really makes your card stand out. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber.

Christine Traversa said...

Love the beautiful rainbow coloring! Looks great! Thanks for doing the RR challenge!