Sunday, July 9, 2017

A Trio of Dragonflies


Hello!  Today I have another card using the Sketch Challenge from Tuesday Morning Sketches.  I wanted to make this one with more emphasis on their theme-to use a die cut. Using black ink, I stamped  and cut three dragonflies from Ivory CS.  The stamp and die are from Creative Dies.  I added shine with Sakura Stardust Pen which I think you can see in the photo.  Following the sketch, I assembled the card with an Ivory card base and mat with papers from Graphic 45 Secret Garden paper pad. The center panel was embossed with a Darice EF. The word Thanks was cut with Cheery Lynn die twice, once in ivory and once in blue. 
Challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Challenge Sketch #410 below and Theme use a die cut.
Alphabet Challenge: I for Insects.
Happy Little Stampers: July Anything Goes with Dies



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

10 comments:

Basslady said...

a marvellous card! love the dimensional butterflies!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Heidi Stamps said...

That is such a lovely interpretation of the sketch!

Jenée said...

Really like your card. I am a dragonfly fan! Nice use of the sketch. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Carol L said...

I love how you embossed the panel beneath those pretty dragonflies! It coordinates beautifully with the DSP you've chosen! Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge! Hope to see you next week :)

Macimbalo said...

So pretty, love those gorgeous dragonflies! Thanks so much for entering this beautiful creation in HLS ATG with Dies Challenge!

Melissa Craig said...

Fantastic card! I love dragonflies - they are so beautiful. Yours really capture real life beauty. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the soft blue papers and those wonderful dragon flies!!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Olga Jewell said...

Gorgeous!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love dragonflies, and you have used these die cuts beautifully. Love the patterned paper and the distressed embossing as well. Thanks so much for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers July Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!

Helen said...

Beautifully mde - a really elegant design.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x