Saturday, January 14, 2017

Happy 97 Years Young





Hello!  Today I have the longest/widest card that I have ever made.  I created this birthday card for my Mother who will be 97 years young on the 20th...... a candle for each year!  I was inspired by a card that I saw at Fab 'n' Funky challenges made by Ginny. See her card on her blog My5Bratz Creations here. 
I must admit I took a short cut and printed my card using Photoshop and Print Shop  instead of cutting the candles like Ginny.  I used Cheery Lynn Dies for the Happy Birthday and cut the number 97 with my Cameo. After assembling the card, I added some sparkle to each candle with Clearstar pen and Red Glitter Stickles.

Challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges:  #333 Birthday with a Number. Thanks for the inspiration, Ginny!
Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenges: Stickle Me Elmo! Use Stickles or a similar product.  Used Clear Star Pen and Red Glitter Stickles on candle flames, all 97!
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Winter Birthday. I may be "stretching" this card to fit a Winter Birthday challenge but the birthday is in the winter and all those candles warm things up.
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes for Birthday






Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

Pat K said...

Wonderful card Theresa. Love how you were inspired by Ginny's card and gave it your own touch...awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Heidi Stamps said...

A 97th birthday is a great occasion for such a special and unique card! I hope she has a wonderful day!

TaeEun said...

Wow, how special is this!!! Your mother will surely enjoy your lovely creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday! Wishing your mom and your family a fabulous day!

Tracy Freeman said...

This is a fantastic card and what a fantastic mum you have ! 97 years young, I hope she has an amazing birthday, I am sure she will love her card.

Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Chana Harris said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Donna said...

Happy Happy Happy birthday to your mum!!
WOW 97 candles, that is super fantastic!!
Thanks for joining in on the fun at SHOPPING OUR STASH!!