Monday, January 23, 2017

Cabin in the Winter Woods


Hello!  We have had a brief reprieve from cold weather....can you believe it was in the 60's in Ohio this weekend?   But we should have more cold like I'm capturing in this card.  I stamped Repeat Impressions Cabin stamp on white CS with Memento Rich Cocoa.  I then used masking and stamped the trees with GKD stamp from Northwoods 2( just received this with my purchase using the GC that I just won) using Memento ink London Fog.  Sponged some Memento Gray Flannel ink on sky and added some Perfect Pearls to create a wintry looking sky.   Finished with a Get Well sentiment from GKD Scripty Sayings 2 in Rich Cocoa ink. And also added some Liquid Pearls for snow. Used Wine mat and Gray Card Base.

Challenges:
NBUS Challenge: #9 - Used just received new Trees Stamp from GKD and a never before used GKD Sentiment.  Love Darnell's Never Before Used Schtuff challenges.
Mod Squad Challenges: Get Well Soon Please
The House That Stamps Built: Inspiration Palette Challenge J1817 Shown Below.
House of Cards: Group 3 January Challenge -Add a building/color palette. Did Both. Color palette is same as THTSB Challenge.  Not sure of the protocol when 2 challenges have the same inspiration, but I am taking it as a 2 for 1.  Anyone know if that is allowed?
AAA Cards: CAS Game #82 Winter Chills

 
The House that Stamps Built and House of Cards

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

12 comments:

Heather said...

Did you take a picture of our inspiration photo and put it on your card??? Seriously, the scene you created is PERFECT!! I love it! Simple, but really elegant. And for my two cents, if two (or more) challenges use the same inspiration photo/color combo, I think your card fits both. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Jasleen Kaur said...

Such a beautiful scenic card ! looks so serene. Well-coloured !
Love,
Jasleen.

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card! Love that sweet little cabin in the woods.

Cheri said...

Theresa, this is a knock-out!!! I love that cabin stamp...(I must get that in my next order) and you produced what looks like a painting. I have never seen where there were rules about multiple challenges with the same challenge....looks like you might be right about that 2fer1!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The House this week.

Cindy Horvath said...

I would love to get well here.. So peaceful looking. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Mod Squad Challenge

Heidi Stamps said...

I just love the background of trees, it looks so foggy. We have had a ton of rain and fog here, but today it finally cleared out and we saw the sun for a bit!

Darnell said...

This looks like a painting, Theresa! The winter sky you have created is so realistic and, as a result, that cozy warm cabin looks so so inviting! You have NAILED these challenges!! I hadn't heard about the temps being in the 60s back there - wow! That's amazing! Don't you always feel a bit sorry for the flora and fauna when that happens? It seems like it would throw off the eco system, but the peoples sure love it, lol! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9! Hugs, Darnell

Rosali said...

Love this card and its colors, so elegant and pretty!

Cheryl W said...

I love your wintery scene! Your card is so beautiful and calming - perfect for a get well card.

Marianne said...

A wonderful wintry cards. amazing how you recreated the inspiration image. If two challenges use the same theme and colour scheme, i think you should be able to enter both challenges.

Susan Renshaw said...

Perfect make for the challenge!
Thank you for sharing with House of Cards!
Susan
DT for HOC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

PLISSA ADD said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us in HOC! Enjoy... Paula.