Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Poinsettia for Christmas


Hello!  I am running behind with posting some cards for challenges this week.  This is a card that I made for Stamp TV's Mix It Up Monday color challenge -use Blue, Red, and Green.  I decided to make a Christmas card and used a sketch from Saturday Sketch Challenge. I stamped a GKD Poinsettia  from Joyful Holiday on white CS and colored with Red, Green and Blue Copics then cut with an Oval Die.  I used a red card base, a mat of blue CS that I embossed with a Creative Die Poinsettia die that was a magazine giveaway.  I added a green CS banner with some plaid ribbon before attaching the image and finished with a layered poinsettia cut with the die used for the embossing.  I used a ribbon that has all the colors needed for the challenge.  This turned out a bit different from most of my cards...think it was the use of blue with red and green.  I thought the poinsettia stamp and die was a good combo.

Other Challenges:
Sketch Saturday: #441 Shown below.
Fab 'n'  Funky Challenges: #329 Christmas
The House That Built Stamps: WIW Anything Goes. Running out of time so will enter this card even though I did  not use Repeat Impressions stamps.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges :)
Wendy xx

Heather said...

Very pretty!! Great use of the color combo and I really like the embossed background! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.