Friday, December 2, 2016

Dresden Plate Christmas Cards



Where did November go??? It's December already!  Today I am sharing Christmas cards that I made for Mother (96 years young)  to send out for the holiday.  Since she is a talented quilt maker,  I chose a Dresden Plate design for her cards using a variety of Christmas Pattern Papers and Red and Green Cardstocks.  I stamped each card with an Annabelle stamp and Memento red ink.  I printed an inside verse on the White card base before assembling the cards. I cut all the "pattern pieces" using my Cameo and a Silhouette file (Snapdragon Snippets) and a scallop circle die(Center).  I embossed the designs with EF's. Photos below show individual cards.




Challenges to enter:
Double D Challenges: Traditional Christmas Colors Red, Green, and White
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says Anything Goes
Die Cut Diva Challenge: Layer It or Layers.  Pattern design has layers.

These cards were truly a work of love as are all Mother's lovely quilts.  I am sharing a picture of a Baby Quilt that she made using a Dresden Plate design with quilt scraps for her youngest great-granddaughter. 


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

7 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW these are just beautiful Theresa! They remind me of the tree skirt my cousin made for me that I cherish and use each year. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Traditional Christmas Colors’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Arlene said...

Your cards are the perfect cards for your mother. How very thoughtful and perfect. Beautiful cards.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, look at all those cards! They're perfect for your mother, the quilter! I do love the embossed snowflake centers, too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D, Theresa!

Lin said...

I love your post today, Theresa, and how you tied everything together! Quilt cards are some of my favorites, and these are all lovely - wonderful to use them as Christmas cards! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Cindy C. said...

How lovely!! Thanks for linking up to our December challenge at Die Cut Diva's.

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW what a great design. So pretty. Lovely cards. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}