Saturday, November 5, 2016

Decorate the Door for Christmas



Hello!  The challenge at Merry Monday is "How to Decorate your door."  Since my door is red, I decided to make  a red door and decorate it with a wreath made with Flourishes stamps.  I created the door with red CS, cut a window and filled with acetate, added some hinges, a brass kickplate, doorknob, and a letter drop all made with Metallic Gold CS and dies. I had first planned only to add the wreath to the inside behind the "window" but decided to place another wreath  on the front of the door. I stamped the wreath twice - once on white CS and once on Clear Vellum - with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Gold EP.  I colored the details on both with markers.   I fussy cut the one on Vellum and hung on the front of the door backed with a ring off metallic Gold CS.  You can see that on the opened door shown below.  I attached the other wreath to the inside of the card lining it up directly below the wreath on top.  I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment also.  I have room inside to add more messages when I use the card.  More photos of card shown below.




Challenges:
Merry Monday Christmas: #220 How will you decorate your door?
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: #306 Anything Goes or Vintage
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: November Challenge

The top photo on the left shows the door with just one wreath inside the card.











This photo shows the card with the Wreath on Vellum that was added.



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a clever door, Theresa! I love the "window" and the wreaths! I especially love that little mail slot! So clever! Thanks for sharing with Merry Monday!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x