Saturday, October 15, 2016

Vintage Santa

Hello!  Sometimes a card comes together so quick and easy and some of the simplest cards are the hardest.  This one was very easy once I found the digital vintage image from TLC by Paulette that I had stored in my files.  I printed the image on white CS and after I trimmed it with a white margin, I distressed the margin with Distress Ink Antique Linen and the edges with a distressing tool.  I found just the right Pattern Paper from an old Webster's Pages pad and used a mossy green card base.  I wrapped the Coppery Gold Organza ribbon around the image before attaching to the base.  Something about this ribbon was just perfect in my eyes.  I was not going to add a verse but remembered this stamp from Gina K Designs Joy and Peace set and thought it had a vintage ring to it.  I stamped in the upper corner...perfect fit...with SU Always Artichoke ink.  I plan to use this image for more cards but will try using water color paper to see if I like better.

Challenges:
Merry Monday Christmas Challenge: #217 Retro/Vintage
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: October Challenge Anything Christmas Goes




Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

1 comment:

Heather said...

Beautiful! That gold ribbon really finishes it off perfectly, I think. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.