Sunday, October 2, 2016

One Layer with Leaves


Hello...one more post today!  This card was made for the Mix It Up Monday challenge at Stamp  TV- to create a Faux Torn Edge on your card.  I used a GKD Stamp from A Year of Borders to create this fall card with fall colors. I did not realize how much my card looked like Karen's sample until I did this post. The link for how she did the torn edges is here.  After stamping and coloring the leaves and acorns with Copics, I sponged the rest of the card which looks leather like.
Supplies: GKD Heavy Weight White CS; Inks Memento Rich Cocoa, Distress Inks Antique Linen and Tea Dye; Copics; GKD stamps A Year of Borers and Scripty Sayings 2.

Challenge:
Stamp TV: Mix It Up Monday Challenge STV16MON39

Just Us Girls Challenge: #363 Word Week Leaves
Cards in Envy: Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall.  This one layer card fits into an envelope.
Mod Squad Challenge: Theme is Falling Leaves
AAA Cards: Game #74 Masking.  Used yellow sticky notes for masking to make my faux torn edges.

 




Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

5 comments:

Jaydee said...

Theresa, I love your faux tearing - wonderful masking. The white space you left really allows your sentiment to pop and the framing of leaves is beautiful. So glad you shared this lovely card with us at JUGS this week.
Jaydee (GD)

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty card! I love the colorful leaf borders and your beautiful background. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Macimbalo said...

Wow, this is very pretty! I love your color choices and the shading is so expertly done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful masking here Theresa and in those superb glowing Autumn tones - sets the scene for the season perfectly and Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards this week. Sarah

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I really like the way your sponged background turned out and it is a perfect match up for the pretty leaf borders. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!