Saturday, October 29, 2016

Forest Of Trees


Hello! Welcome to my blog!  I was inspired by Cheri's project of the week posted on The House That Stamps Built using soft shadow resist technique in the making of this card.   I stamped Repeat Impressions Large Pine Forest on white CS with Versamark and heat embossed with White EP.  I then added Memento Bamboo Leaves ink and SU Bordering Blue ink with a stencil brush and wiped off the ink on the embossed area. I also added Liquid Pearl snow.  I die cut the image and layered on a square of Green CS assembling my card following the Challenge Sketch below.  My Glossy White card base,embossed with Darice EF Snowflakes, was inked with Green Copic- not the neatest way to this. Next time I would use a layer of Green CS instead.  Finished with some Snowflakes, Blue Grosgrain ribbon strips and Blue Rhinestones.  Snowflakes were die cut with a Cheery Lynn die from Build a Flower Dies. Also used Nesties square die.

Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: What If? Wednesday Sketch #02616.  I always try to use Repeat Impressions stamps for my entry.
Shopping Our Stash Weekly: Challenge SOS275 is Three Trees-use at least 3 trees.
Die Cut Diva: October is the time to emboss.  Used both dry and heat embossing with dies for "snowflakes" and squares.
Alphabet Challenge Blog: R is for Recipe Challenge-use at least 3 of the recipe ingredients. Used Stamps, Dies, Embossing, and Ribbon.


After posting the photograph, I realized that my image was not centered on the Green Panel. OOPS! I will correct the position before using the card but will not take the time to redo the photo.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

8 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Theresa, as always!!! Thanks for joining in with us at The House that Stamps Built!!!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how pretty and what fun that you used the tutorial from this week. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built this week.

Maria A. said...

Beautiful card Theresa, our theme at SHOPPING OUR STASH and the sketch were beautifully done.
Love the pearls that look like snow, so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Theresa! I love the embossed pine tress and the fabulous layout! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Arlene said...

How lovely. The forest is so calming. Lovely.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Cathie Borowski said...

Those white embossed trees look so effective against the background of green. Thank you for joining the Time to Emboss challenge over at Diecut Divas. Cathie DT.

lauren bergold said...

oh my goodness! how gorgeous is this?! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (three treees!) STASH with us this week! <3

Heather said...

Beautiful! I love both your take on the sketch and the fact you used the tutorial from earlier this week. Love that fabulous embossed background. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built. Sorry I'm so late in commenting . . .