Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Fall Scene at the Cabin


Welcome!  I really love playing with watercolor projects but do not do as often as I would like.  The fun part of water coloring is not always knowing what the results may be,  but I do like the way this cabin scene with fall trees turned out.
I used Gina K Stamps with SU Close as Cocoa ink on water color paper.  Using a small flower stamp, I stamped several colors on to the bare trees and ground.  I used a water brush to color in the various colors on the trees until I achieved the look  of fall leaves that I wanted.  Using the watercolor brush I colored in the cabin and the surrounding area including the other trees and bushes.   I especially like the look of the "slate" roof achieved with the water brush and a gray ink.  I usually use Distress inks when water coloring but used SU and Memento inks this time.  I do hope I have enough "white space" for this to qualify for CAS.  To maintain this as a CAS card, I did not use any embellishments to keep it clean and simple.
Supplies: GKD stamps from Life Is Good, A Year of Flowers 2, and The Northwoods; Inks-SU Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke, Handsome Hunter, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Rose Red, and Bordering Blue, Memento London Fog and Rich Cocoa; Papers- Watercolor Pad, Asparagus Green and Pumpkin CS.

Challenges:
CAS Watercolour Challenge: October Create Autumn Watercolor Card. New to me Challenge...first time to enter.
Addicted to CAS: Challenge 98 is Watercolour
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: #384 Photo Inspiration
Creative Corner Challenge: Theme is Octoberfest. I created this fallscape.
Sweet Stampin Challenge: Theme is Autumn

 Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

10 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

You did such a lovely job with this watercolor stamping technique! It looks great, and I know you did not use easy images for this look, so that makes it extra special!

TFS! ~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

Loll said...

Your watercoloured scene is so beautiful Theresa. The colours of those fall trees are gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful Autumn scene, Theresa! I love those beautiful trees and the rustic cabin! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful watercolored Fall scene, Theresa. TFS Hugs, nancy

Sheryl said...

Oh my goodness this is just gorgeous, such a beautiful water-coloured scene. Stunning!
Great to have you joining us at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl, DT member xx

artful-notions said...

Stunning watercolor! Gorgeous stamp to begin with, and you carried it over the top. Read where you added the 'leaves' to the trees with another stamp. Wow! Really lovely results!!!

maria f. said...

What a pretty Autumn scene. Wish I was there!

Amber said...

Your watercoloring is fab! You really pulled all of this together to create an awesome card-I love it! Thanks for joining Creative Corner challenges!~Amber, DT

Sammy said...

Beautiful. Very well coloured! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Thordis said...

It's such a beautiful watercolor scene... Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' :)