Sunday, October 16, 2016

Embossing on Vellum

 
Welcome! Glad you stopped by for a glass of wine. I just happen to have one waiting. My card involved stamping on Vellum with Versamark and heat embossing with EP.  I stamped the wine bottle on Green Vellum and embossed with Embossing Pearl Green EP.  Not sure if I needed to use Green Vellum since it does not show the color of the vellum after I finished but the green EP does show up on the bottle.  I then stamped the label on the Bottle and heat embossed with Red EP.  I was lucky that I positioned the label correctly on the first try.  I colored the back of the Vellum with Memento Markers  and added a Cork that I stamped on Kraft CS.  The glasses were stamped with Versamark on Clear Vellum and heat embossed with Clear EP.  Again I colored on the back of the glasses with a Red Marker.  I also used a stylus to rub on the back of the glasses to give more color to the clear glasses.  After fussy cutting the pieces, I attached to a layer of Green CS with Vellum tape and then added the Wine card base.  To complete the card I stamped and embossed the sentiment with Red EP.   All the stamps used are from Repeat Impressions Wine Series.
 
Challenges:
Happy Little Stampers: October CAS challenge Embossing on Vellum
The House That Stamps Built: DCC1012 Food or Beverage theme
Addicted to Stamps Challenge: Challenge 133 Embossing Wet or Dry
 
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

7 comments:

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Hi Theresa, it is a sunday-evening and I'm enjoying a glass of fine wine...then I saw your original card. Great embossing on the vellum and lovely card.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Toni said...

Very cool to color the back of the vellum for the wine! Thanks for joining in at HLS CAS!

Heather said...

Fabulous card and a great technique! I've never tried embossing on colored vellum; I bet it looks awesome in real life! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Kathy S said...

I always appreciate that you use both the theme and the RI stamps for the challenges at The House that Stamps Built - YEAH. So glad you could join us and I always look forward to your cards. Good luck.

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Theresa, as always! Thanks for using RI Stamps! Your cards are always gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

Jirawadee Susanthitapong said...

What a creative idea! Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps challenge.
Sai

Linda said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge xx