Sunday, October 23, 2016

Embossed Impressions


Hello!  Today I was playing with a technique doing embossed impressions using a die with Versamark to make an impression on CS and then heat embossed with EP.  I saw this technique on a Jennifer McQuire video and just had to try it.  It is easier to watch how to do this than explain it in words.  I used an Ornament die to make my impression and created this holiday card.
Supplies: Die Marianne Christmas Bauble; Stamp Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament; Versamark Ink; Zing Metallic Silver EP; Blie CS, White CS, Silver Metallic CS; White Satin Ribbon; Sakura Metallic Silver Pen.

Challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: #304 Use a sentiment.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: October Anything goes Christmas
Winter Wonderland: Christmas Challenge Frosty or Wrapped Up. Used Cold Colors of Blue and Silver.
Allsorts Challenge: Week 386 Sparkle and Shine

I am not going into details on how hard it was to get a good photo of this card but was happy with this one after doing a lot of editing on Photoshop to get the colors correct.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

5 comments:

Heather said...

Very pretty! I don't think I've seen this technique before, I'm going to have to go check out that video. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

brenda said...

Such a pretty card with a real feel of elegance, many thanks for joining our 'Sparkle and Shine' theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Marie said...

This is lovely, love the look of the bulb and the colour combo is just what I love. Makes me feel the crisp chilly winter days. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland.
Love n hugs
Marie

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
Kevin xx

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card and very effective
Thank you for joining us at WW.
Hugs Julie xxx