Monday, October 31, 2016

Covered Bridge in the Fall

 
Hello! I have been watching a lot of videos of water coloring techniques. Although you can not always control the results of water coloring it is always fun to see the end results and knowing when to stop.   On this card I used the Misti to stamp with a Heartfelt Creations stamp on watercolor paper using multi colors of Distress inks and stamping multiple times and also using a water brush to spread the colors and layer on more color.  I made this scene become a fall scene even though the stamp has bare tree branches by adding multi color leaves on the tree and on the ground. I started out making the covered bridge  aged wood tones but changed it to an aged red color.  This card was somewhat a mix of stamping with inks and water coloring-not sure what to call it.  But I caught that abstract, impressionist look that I wanted. After I finished the stamping and water coloring, I added Versamark  ink to the clean stamp and stamped again and heat embossed with Clear EP. This step helped set the colors. I then sponged on some more blue to the sky.
I die cut the image, added a layer of craft foam to the back and assembled the card on a base of Grass Green CS, a layer of GKD pattern paper that picked up the colors of the leaves, and  another layer of green that was stamped with words from Repeat Impressions Vertical stamps heat embossed with Copper EP.  I like the way the pattern paper frames the image and sentiment.
 
Challenges:
Retro Rubber: Challenge 50 Fall Colors.  I know I must have purchased this stamp about 2013 if not earlier.
Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #217 Make Your Mark
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Anything Goes
 
 Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa 

11 comments:

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Theresa: I love this beautiful, Autumnal scene, the covered bridge reminded me of that sweet movie "The Bridges of Madison County".
Love the pattern paper picking up the colors of your images.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Katy McGloin said...

Theresa, watching those videos have certainly provided you with the inspiration necessary to finish this gorgeous watercolor card! The detailing is spectacular. Finishing up with a clear emboss is genius. Thanks so much for sharing your technique with Retro Rubber this week!!

Kuni said...

This is wonderful.
Hugs
Kuni
my new challenge blog start on the 10th november and i hope to see you.
http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/

Heidi Stamps said...

Very pretty! I really like covered bridges and this is a nice watercolored scene. I have not tried the clear EP over top of the watercoloring before! Interesting! TFS!

Lin said...

Lovely, Theresa, it makes me think of similar scenes in Vermont! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is so pretty! What a great way to use your Misti- it sure makes water coloring a bit easier! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps!

Leslie Miller said...

You did a beautiful job on this, Theresa! Good choice to add red to the bridge. It looks very authentic with a worn painted surface. And I love the leaves you created all on your own, especially with the scattered leaves on the ground. This is a nice image to watercolor as it allows that impressionistic look which you achieved so beautifully. I'm glad you shared it at Retro Rubber!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber, good luck!!! Amy DT

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful watercoloring! You can definitely give me some pointers! Love your incredible artwork! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Claire Grantham said...

Perfect watercolouring, those videos are paying off!! I love to watercolour too. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Christine Traversa said...

Yes what Claire said! I would frame this one! Love the addition of the leaves. Super great job here! Stunning! Thanks so much for joining the RR Challenge!