Sunday, October 9, 2016

Cardinal for the Holidays

 
Hello! Another Card for my Christmas card stash.  I chose a Cardinal stamp from Gina K Designs First Christmas set as the focus of my stamp.  After coloring the bird with Copics, I trimmed the image with a Spellbinders die and framed with Red CS also die cut with a lager die.  I inked the edges with Pilot Gold Metallic ink.  I assembled the card with a base of GKD Grass Green CS and a layer of Authentique Pattern Paper with a GKD ribbon of Red and Gold.  I finished with a Sentiment in Rhubarb Stalk ink, Gold Metallic Twine, and Red Rhinestones.
Challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches: This sketch #372  was perfect for my design after I flipped it.
Mod Squad Challenge: Challenge is For the Birds.
Cards in Envy: Challenge is Frame It! Card fits into A2 Envelope.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: October Challenge
Shopping Our Stash: Challenge is Duck, Duck, Goose-use bird or feathers on your card.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

7 comments:

Jenée said...

Beautiful card. I so like that Cardinal image you've used. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Hope to see you again.

Barbara said...

That cardinal looks so regal framed in the red die. You have colored him so that he looks very real. Now, you have a great start on your Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Good luck!
Barbara, Mod Squad Challenge Host

Melissa Craig said...

Absolutely beautiful cardinal. Thank you so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Soooo pretty, Theresa! I love cardinals!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful cardinal on your card! Love them!! I really don't see them much except in the winter! Love how you designed the card and framed the bird! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards in Envy for our "Frame It" card challenge.

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Love the cardinal and the accents! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

Helen said...

A great card.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x