Sunday, October 30, 2016

Bouquet of Leaves

 
Welcome!  Fall is in full swing with leaves falling quicker than we can rake! I love making fall cards, I guess because I love the richness of fall colors.  I was playing with some older leaf stamps and fall colors on green Vellum and White CS.  On my card I used a panel of Vellum stamped with oak leaves and some fussy cut leaves on Vellum and CS.  I gathered the fussy cut leaves into a "bouquet" adding some ribbon snippets and a twig.  I assembled the card with a card base of Fresh Asparagus CS and a Pattern Paper from The Simple Things pad both from GKD.  On the Vellum panel I attached the bouquet with foam tape. The sentiment from GKD A Year of Leaves was stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink on ivory CS.
The leaf stamps used are a PSX Maple Leaf from 2000 and a Rubber Stampede Oak Leaf  which I have owned over 6 years.
Challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Challenge 375
Retro Rubber: Challenge #50 Fall Colors.  All  the stamps used are over 5 years or more.
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge #134 Lots of Layers
Simon Monday Challenge: Simon says Autumn.
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge:  #175 Shades of Autumn
 


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

15 comments:

Donna Idlet said...

Theresa, love your card...love the colors of your leaves. The background red gingham I would have never thought to use it with the autumn leaves, but it is perfect!

Katy McGloin said...

Such a colorful fall-ish card, Theresa. I agree with Donna, I would not have thought to use the red gingham, but it totally works with your fall colors. It is the sentiment that I love the best... Thanks so much for playing along with Retro Rubber this challenge. We always love seeing you in our gallery!

Jenée said...

What a lovely fall card. Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful! Wonderful colors. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Neva Cole said...

Lovely fall card with a wonderful gingham touch for PP. So glad you were inspired to have some fun with us at Retro Rubber!

Jane Knudsen said...

A beautiful card! I love the red gingham - it was the perfect paper to use and like everyone else, I wouldn't have thought to use it! Brilliant! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card! I love fall colors and this is wonderful! The stamping on the vellum is so pretty!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Patti said...

Your card is so pretty Theresa! I love the colors and the sentiment. I also love your blog banner :o) Thanks so much for participating this week with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous card. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Theresa...love that plaid background...thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, those leaves are beautiful! I especially love the vellum maple leaf. The red background really sets it off and pops. Wow! It's so nice to get out the older stamps to create with. Good to see this at Retro Rubber!

Claire Grantham said...

This is such a beautiful card, the leaves pop off the page, love the colours and the wonderful coordinating gingham. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Rocky said...

Those leaves are gorgeous and I love what you've done with them, so pretty. Thank you for joining us at CHNPPC.

Danoesja said...

This is very beautiful with all the leaves, i love the vellum on it.
Thanks for joining us at ATSC.
Greetings, Danoesja

Sasha Jundt said...

Beautiful autumn card! Gorgeous design! Love the these wonderful leaves and the sentiment is a perfect match!
Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at FFFC. Good luck and hope to see you next time too!
Sasha