Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Stencilling with Die Cuts



Hello!  The Memory Box challenge this month is to use Stencils and you must use a Memory Box stamp or die on your project.   I decided to use the Darling Poppies and Pippi Butterfly dies to cut stencils from heavy cardstock.   I sponged  Memento Cottage Ivy, Lady Bug and Tuxedo Black inks using my cut stencils with masking to create my design on White CS.   For the butterfly, I used only half of the cut image that I sponged with black ink.  Then I used the detail cut out and sponged the wing with Versamark and heat embossed with Gold EP.  I drew in the body with a black pen.
I stamped the Gina K Design sentiment with the green ink.  I also inked the edge of the image layer with Pilot Metallic Gold marker before attaching to the textured green card base.   I love the look of using the die cuts as stencils. 
Challenges:
Outside the Box: #16 Memory Box Challenge Stencils
Happy Little Stampers: September Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says Clean and Simple.




Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa




4 comments:

Olga Jewell said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Andie Miller said...

A very effective card, love that you made your own stencil. So glad to have found you through Simon Says Stamp's challenge.

Jo Nevill said...

Beautiful, I love the flower you have stencilled.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful Card.. what great use of dies...Thank you so much for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies Challenge.