Thursday, September 15, 2016

Playing With Marbles

Hello!  Have you ever made a background for a card using marbles?  It can be a fun project.  I learned this technique from a Stamp TV video several years ago and first tried about 6 years ago .  Sylvia at Stamp TV challenged us to make a card using that technique.  I used  some old SU re-inkers Ruby Red, Old Olive, and More Mustard with my marbles and white CS to create a fall color background.  I stamped some leaves using Gina K stamp from Signs of Autumn that I colored with markers and fussy cut.  I used a layout from Sketch Saturday challenge for my design.  I stamped the sentiment from GKD A Year of Leaves on Vellum with Versamark and heat embossed with Red EP because I wanted the sentiment to show over the "marbled" CS.   I layered the vellum over the lower part of the background under the angled strips and then layered Green CS with  the Red card base.  The leaves were attached with foam tape.
The Stamp TV video for making a background with marbles is here.
Challenges:
Stamp TV: Mix It Up Monday Challenge-Let's play with marbles.
Sketch Saturday: #429 shown below.
Addicted to Stamps Challenge: 131 Trees/branches and or Leaves
City Crafter Challenge Blog: Week 320 Turning a new leaf. Add a leaf to your project.
Retro Rubber: Challenge 47 Anything goes -must use a stamp one year or older. I have had these GKD stamps since 2010.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

12 comments:

Andie Miller said...

What a timely card/sentiment. It really works for the challenge! So glad to have found you through City Crafter Challenge Blog.

Danoesja said...

Such a great card with these beautiful leaves.
Thanks for joining us at ATSC.
Greetings, Danoesja

Neva Cole said...

What a lovely fall card. I will have to try out the marble technique, I enjoy making my own backgrounds as well. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber!

Marina said...

What beautiful colours on those leaves and your marbles technique sounds fun and looks great. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber, good luck!!! Amy DT

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely card! Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Jane Knudsen said...

Lovely card! Those leaves are gorgeous! The marble technique is a lot of fun! I need to give that a try again! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

lauren bergold said...

what a GORGEOUS background-- and you made it with ink and MARBLES?! wow! beautiful take on the sketch as well and just an all-round great autumnal card! lovely contribution to the "retro rubber" gallery this week! <3

Marlies said...

I've never heard of the making of a background with marbles but is certainly is beautiful! A good idea and one to try. A gorgeous card and in lovely autumn colours too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Maria Rodriguez said...

Oh WOW!! Theresa, this is simply unique and "marvelous", no pun intended, LOL!! I've never heard of this technique but I love it, thank you for sharing that link, I watched the video and it was fabulous.
I love the Fall colors of your card and the softness you added with the vellum, the leaves are such a beautiful Autumnal detail.
Thank you for playing along with us at RETRO RUBBER this week, hope to see you back next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Christine Traversa said...

What a great sentiment! Love the colored leaves too! Thanks so much for doing the RR challenge!

Katy McGloin said...

Gorgeous colors, a fun technique and you have an instant winner card! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with Retro Rubber this week.