Sunday, September 18, 2016

Orange Roses for Fall


Hello!  I was inspired by the colors and the roses in the photo inspiration challenge Fall Floral at Curtain Call.  I chose to use Gina K Stamps Old Country Roses to make roses with Memento Potter's Clay, SU Ruby Red, and Memento Rhubarb Stalk inks for the 3 step stamps.  I fussy cut the blossoms and chose to die cut stems with Memory Box English Rose Stem die cut.  I cut the stems and leaves from GKD Fresh Asparagus and inked them to highlight the details.  I assembled these elements on a background that I made with an EF Woodgrain, Scor-pal, Gray Flannel ink, Creamy Caramel ink, and white CS.  I placed it on a mat of Copper Metallic CS and then a card base of Rusty Orange.  The GKD sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Copper EP.  Finished with a bit of Orange Twine.  I must admit that the photo does not do justice to my card...did not capture the depth and texture.....it looks so much better in real life.  Trust me!
Challenges:
Curtain Call Inspiration ChallengeFall Floral
Creative Corner Challenge: No Pattern Paper Allowed
Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge 211Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs: Use favorite stamp or image.  Roses are a favorite image of mine and this rose stamp is a new favorite.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

3 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Such a pretty card Theresa. I love the pretty flowers against the woodgrain background.
Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Jessica Kaiser said...

Gorgeous! I love this card - you did an amazing job. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!

Jess - DT
www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

Nandini said...

Very beautiful. Love the background and the colors. Thank you for joining us at ATSM Challenges. All the very best. Nandini DT