Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Die Cut Inlaid Background

 
Hello!  I am always inspired by Jennifer McGuire's blog and her creative and original ideas for card making.  I recently saw her post on making Inlaid Background with die cuts and had to give it a try.  I love the results in my card shown here.
I selected a Memory Box die Splendid Clarkia and embossed it in 3 locations on Shimmery Pink CS which I backed with White CS using Stick It adhesive.   I also embossed a Cheery Lynn Butterfly die.  The dies only cut through the top pink layer and the white bottom layer kept the pieces intact.   I backed this with Fun Foam before attaching to a White Card base.  I decided to finish as a Birthday Card by adding Cheery Lynn die cut words from a textured adhesive White CS. 
This was a very quick and easy card.  I plan to use this new to me  technique often.
 
Challenges:
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says Anything Goes
CAS on Sunday: Challenge 91 Pastels.  I consider this to be CAS since it so quick and easy.
 
 Have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by!

Theresa

3 comments:

Olga Jewell said...

pretty....

Zw@@n said...

Stunning card, Theresa. I also saw that video of Jennifer McGuire. I love your take on it. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

jenn shurkus said...

I'm a bit late in my commenting, and I apologize. This is a beautiful card! Thank you for playing a long with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!