Sunday, September 25, 2016

Book for Good Friends

 
Welcome!  Today I have a card that was inspired by the Photo Challenge at The House That Stamps Built shown lower left.  When I saw the yellow ruler in the photo, I remembered some leftovers of a tape measure that I created for a card some time ago-I had scanned an actual tape measure and then printed out my own patterned paper.  Once I found the leftover "tape", I began my card.   I decided to create a Blue Book titled "Good Friends" with Blue and White CS with an insert of Fun Foam and placed the ruler inside for a book mark.  The card evolved into a Birthday card when I decided to make the book open to reveal Happy Birthday on the first page using a Repeat Impressions stamp.  I added magnets (recycled from an advertising brochure) as a closure for the cover.
I used a Red Card Base with a layer of Green CS and a layer of White CS embossed with Gingham EF (to pick up the colors and texture of the cupcakes in the photo). All stamps are from Repeat Impressions.  The apple was cut freehand as a finishing touch to the cover.
Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: WIW Photo Challenge S2116 

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

3 comments:

Patti J said...

What a fun card, Theresa! Makes me think of my school days. It's perfect for our photo inspiration challenge! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

Heather said...

How fun!!! And I love it that you made that piece of measuring tape! It's fabulous and totally perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Glittered Paws said...

What a fun card - very creative. With Kindles and Nooks most people don't use book marks much anymore - but I still like that feel of a book in hand especially if a friend has read it before. Thanks for joining us at The House taht Stamps Built. Shirley