Friday, September 2, 2016

Birthday Greetings

 
 
Welcome!  Today I am using one of my favorite bear stamps, Belle, from Repeat Impressions but using it with a new technique of using nesting dies to emboss an impression background.   I saw this technique on Jennifer McGuire's blog and had to try.  The embossing makes a nice frame around my Bear in Pink.  I stamped her with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, colored her with Copics, and fussy cut the image.  I added some foam craft to her back before attaching to the White card base.  Finished with Cheery Lynn die cut words cut from DCWV adhesive Pink CS. I edged the card with a pink Copic marker.

Challenges:
AAA Cards: Game #72 New Technique to you.  Embossed with nesting dies to create background.
Die Cuttin Divas: Challenge 281 Anything Goes
Retro Rubber Challenge: #46 Critter Time. I have used this favorite stamp Belle that I won in 2012 on many cards.
Shopping Our Stash: SOS 267 Try something new.  Embossed with nesting dies to create background.
Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge 209 CAS
The House That Stamps Built: What If? Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes



Have a great day!
  I love reading your comments. Theresa

14 comments:

Cheri said...

Adorable, Theresa! Perfect stamp to use with that technique and die set. Thanks for another awesome addition to our ATG challenge this week at The House.

Patti J said...

Another sweet card, Theresa! Thanks again for joining us at The House that Stamps Built

Glittered Paws said...

This too is one of my favorite images from Repeat Impressions, in fact she came in my first order. I saw this technique on video so must try it soon. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built this week. Shirley H.

Donna Idlet said...

Theresa, love your card! Love the technique you used. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

Heather said...

Awww . . . super cute! And that nested embossed square IS the perfect frame for that sweet image. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Lady Joyful said...

What a sweet teddy! And a very fun technique you used for the background.

Gerda said...

What a adorable card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Julie B said...

What a sweet bear and the multiple embossed rectangles frame it beautifully.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :0)

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely! I think that if Paddington Bear had a sister, she's look like this. What a wonderful critter you've added to the gallery.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Such a cute image and a great technique to frame it out. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

Katy McGloin said...

Theresa, this sweet bear brought an instant smile to my face. What a lovely job of coloring you did with this stamp image. I also want to try the stacked framelit impression technique that Jennifer shared... it was perfect to showcase your fussy cut bear! Thanks so much for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Love seeing you in the gallery!

Gingin said...

This is so adorable Theresa! That teddy bear is so sweet and your coloring is awesome. I haven't tried that technique before but am inspired now to try it. Thank you for sharing. Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber:)

Debbie Mageed said...

I am in love with this cutie patootie teddy bear! Your coloring is wonderful!! Thanks for playing along with our critter challenge at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Theresa! This card is so adorable! I love the teddy bear and the technique you used to show him off! Sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!