Sunday, August 28, 2016

Ribbon Inspired


Hello!  In my card, I have combined some new stamps and some old ribbon that I am using for the first time.  The fern stamp  is from Gina K's Handmade Botanical set and the sentiment is from Gina K's Scripty Sentiments 2.   The unopened ribbon from Michael's was in my stash...not sure where it came from.  I used Memento Bamboo Leaves ink to create the background on white CS.  I added 2 rows of ribbon along with the sentiment stamped in SU Brilliant Blue ink.  This was placed on a mat of SU Brilliant  Blue CS and a mat of Gina K Grass Green CS and then a card base of White CS.  As you see, I matched up the colors from the ribbon in my design.

Challenge:
Stamp TV: Release party challenge - make your own background using stamps.
NBUS Challenge: Never-Before-Used-Schtuff #7- Darnell challenges us to use NBUS - anything goes. Used NBUS Stamps and Ribbon.
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: No Designer Paper

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Just wanted to say that this is a real standout in the NBUS gallery. Gorgeous colors and a wonderful design. I like this very much! Bev

Heidi Stamps said...

A very pretty card! That ribbon is lovely and I like the foliage stamp too. A CAS card, but really with an extra touch by using ribbon. I think we don't use enough of it nowadays. TFS!

Darnell J Knauss said...

What beautiful ribbon and what a beautiful showcase you made for it, Theresa!! I love the freshness of a white/blue/green card and anything with leaves rocks my world! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7!! Hugs, Darnell

PS I wonder if you could add a "Subscribe by Email" gadget to your sidebar? That way your posts will come in my inbox and I will be able to see when you publish. For some reason, even though I'm a follower, your blog does not appear on my blog roll. Let me know when you've added it, please, so I can come back and subscribe. If you need instructions, let me know. Thank you!!

Cara said...

This is so pretty, love the blue, white and green colour combination. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x