Friday, July 8, 2016

Another Lighthouse


Hello!  I have not seen many lighthouses in person but I enjoy the different shapes and designs.   I came across this Just For Fun Stamp when I was looking for a Lighthouse stamp and thought I'd use it for another card with this theme.  I won this stamp in 2010...nice to have a post on my blog to remind me of the date.   I tried to color in a way to make the bricks appear to be old.  Used some pattern paper from Graphic 45 pad, yellow CS for base, some red eyelets from stash. Cannot remember the last time I used eyelets on a card. The GKD Sentiment was heat embossed with red EP on clear vellum and cut with label die.  I also used a Spellbinder die for the image.

 Challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C343 Honor lighthouses on your card.
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Summer/Holiday Destination-lighthouse by the sea.
Retro Rubber Challenge: #42 Brads and Eyelets.  I won the Lighthouse stamp in 2010 in a card challenge.
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge #201 Anything Goes.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: July challenge
Mod Squad Challenge:  Lazy Days Of Summer---another lighthouse entry.

This one is for you Dianne.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

15 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

You're on a roll, Theresa! Lighthouses are a great stamp for anyone and I know this card will be loved! Thank you so much for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you will be back in our gallery soon.

Thordis said...

Beautiful card. Love the bright colors, and the stamped image is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. :)

Julie Gearinger said...

This is fabulous! Love the bright lighthouse with the gingham background and the fun brads!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog :-)

Christine Traversa said...

What Julie said above! Love this. Thanks so much for doing the challenge!❤️

Sammy said...

So pretty. Love that lighthouse! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hi Theresa: Lighthouses are a wonderful theme for masculine cards, the images are both serene and strong. I love that beautiful Gingham paper, the colors compliment this awesome Lighthouse perfectly. The red brads on each of the corners finish your card so beautifully.
Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber, hope you come and play again soon.
Hugs,
Maria

Claire Grantham said...

You are on a roll Theresa, I love this second lighthouse as much as the first one,really love the fab gingham paper and the pretty red brads. Thanks for playing with us again this time at Retro Rubber. Cx

Barbara said...

Other have said it, but I will add that you are really on a roll with the lighthouses. This one is awesome. Thanks so much for joining us at the Mod Squad challenge this week.
Barbara CT member

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber, good luck!!! Amy DT

Bobby said...

Maybe a trip to Michigan is in order, Theresa. We have plenty of lighthouses here. I can see why you chose this stamp for your card. Thank you for sharing it with us at ATSM.

Katy McGloin said...

Theresa, your coloring on this lighthouse does make it look vintage. Love the sentiment flag in vellum... so appropriate for this card. And the peek of color within the eyelets is sweet. Thanks so much for sharing with Retro Rubber (again)!

Donna Idlet said...

Love your lighthouse! The background plaid paper you used is perfect. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

Jane Knudsen said...

Well, now I don't know which one I like better! Beautiful and so glad that you joined us for a second time! Yay! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!!

Neva Cole said...

Great accent use of eyelets in your lighthouse card. Glad you shared this one as well. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber.

Gingin said...

Beautiful Theresa! I just love the plaid background and the sentiment stamped on vellum! The brads accent this beautifully. Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber:)