Saturday, June 25, 2016

Summer Fluttering By


Hello!  This year seems to be going so quickly.  It soon will be time for the Hall Of Fame's Balloon Classic in Canton, OH and we may again see the balloons flying by our house.   With that in mind, I thought it was appropriate to make this card for the sketch challenge at The House That Stamps Built using Repeat Impressions Hot Air Balloon stamps with one of their sentiment stamps ( one of my faves for cards with flying images).  I made the background by embossing Blue CS with Clouds EF .....I tried to heat emboss clouds with White Puff EP but that did not turn out like I wanted.  So. I just added white accents with a white pen.  Balloons were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics. I cut them with Lawn Fawn Stitched Circles dies and added Red Circles cut with Spellbinders Circle dies.  The cloud for the sentiment was cut free hand and popped up on another Circle of Red.  All was arranged on a White Card Base  according to the sketch below.
Challenge links:
The House That Stamps Built: What If? Wednesday Sketch #J2216 below
Retro Rubber Challenge: #41 Color Challenge Red, White and Blue. I have had these balloon stamps since May 2014.  I can trace the date from older posts on my blog.
As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Die and Why.  I think the circle dies are my favorite because they were my very first to own and I used them more than any ones that I have.   They may be plain but great to have AROUND.
Addicted to CAS: Challenge #91 Code word is FLY.
Happy Little Stampers: Anything goes with dies.







Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

14 comments:

Maria A. said...

Hello Theresa: This is a very beautiful card, I love this hot air balloons with the beautiful cloud background, beautifully done!!
Believe it or not, I've never see a hot air balloon in person, sigh!!! So thank you for sharing this fabulous card with us at Retro Rubber, hope to see you again in the gallery soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Elaine Stark said...

A delightful card. Lovely colours and choice of die. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Laurie Unger said...

Great take on the challenge and I love your colorful balloons! Thanks for joining us over at the House.

Heather said...

This is awesome!! The embossed clouds are fabulous and I LOVE how you put the sentiment on a cloud; it is perfect for our sketch challenge. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Katy McGloin said...

What a great summertime card! Hot air balloons and patriotic colors... a wonderful combination! So happy that you shared this card with Retro Rubber! Love seeing you in the gallery!!

Claire Grantham said...

Cool card, great combo of the sketch and the colours. I love the clouds, they are very cool and I adore hot air balloons, so all perfect in my opinion. Thanks for playing over at Retro Rubber this time. Cx DT

Donna Idlet said...

Love the air balloons! This is a perfect card for summer and this is a perfect card for the red, white and blue challenge. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber!

Doni High said...

Hi Theresa!
I like the way you put your Hot Air Balloons on the circles, very eye catching!
Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS. Oh, and by the way we're almost neighbors,
I'm in Barberton!

Samantha said...

Lovely card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Rahmat said...

Nice, love the colors of the balloons here, thanks for joining us at HLS.

Debbie Mageed said...

Very "uplifting" card showing how summery this color combo is! Those balloons look like so much fun, wish I was brave enough to actually ride in one. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and look forward to seeing you in our gallery again soon.

Carolyn Bennie said...

Delightful and airy take on the code word FLY. Thanks for playing along with ADTCAS this week. x Carolyn

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Absolutely delightful card! Adore those colors together. Thank you for playing along with ATCAS!