Thursday, June 16, 2016

Shake, Shake, Shake

Hello!  Today I have a shaker card to share....not one of my favorite type of cards because I always have a difficult time photographing to show the items in the shaker window.  But they are still fun to make.   I made this one for the Mix It Up Monday challenge Shake, Shake, Shake at Stamp TV.  Since I am on a quest to use products and stamps that I seldom use or never used,  I began by selecting what I would use in the shaker from some old stash of confetti.  When I found these musical notes, I decided to go with a musical theme.  I found this GKD Label stamp in the Lovely Labels 2  set as well as the sentiment to go with my theme and also pulled out Cuttlebug EF Allegro to create my card with Red and White CS, GKD Black Onyx ink,  circle dies, a circle of acetate and a foam sheet.   The result is shown above.

For this shaker, instead of using foam tape  I used a panel of white foam cut slightly smaller than the white panel and cut out a circle for the window.  The foam was taped between the card base and top layer.  I used a die machine to cut the circle from the foam but next time I think I will cut by hand as the foam was flatten a bit by the machine.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

No comments: