Sunday, June 19, 2016

Photo for a Photo Inspiration


Hello!  Today I have something a bit different for a Photo Inspiration challenge.....I used  one of my own photos instead of a stamped image.  I think that is allowed?? maybe??   And I did do stamping for the sentiment.  When I saw the inspiration from What If? Wednesday challenge, I thought of a photo that I had made and tweaked in Photoshop to give  it a look of watercolor.  I thought Why Not?  Use it.
I cropped, resized, and printed the image on White CS.  After trimming I assembled the card with a Black card base, a layer of woodgrain patterned paper from MME embossed with a Darice Wood Grain EF, and a strip of Black CS stamped with a Repeat Impressions sentiment. That was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with White EP.  I used a layout from Tuesday Morning Sketch(below) from last week's challenge shown below.   Too late for that challenge but I thought the sketch was just right to use with the photo.
Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: What If? Wednesday Photo Inspiration J1516. Inspired by the Pelican and Wood.
Time Out Challenges: Masculine with optional twist of Mixed Media. Use stamps and ink plus 2 other elements that add texture and/or dimension.  I did use stamping with Versamark, die cuts for dimension, and dry embossing for texture.  I think the use of a photo qualifies as Mixed Media.
Happy Little Stampers: June Mixed Media Challenge Texture.  I have added texture with dry embossing of the pattern background and heat embossing of the sentiment.







Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Loved that you used one of your one photos. Such a wonderful cards. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Cheri said...

You might be on to something, Theresa! This is fabulous! I love it! So glad you brought it to the inspiration challenge at The House That Stamp Built.

Heather said...

This is awesome!! I never would have guessed it was an actual photo; love it!! And since you stamped the sentiment, it totally works! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built. Sorry, I'm so late in leaving a comment, I won't even bother with excuses!!

Elizabeta Kushner said...

Great work! Thank you for playing with us at TO challenge! :)