Sunday, June 26, 2016

Country Rose of Summer

Welcome!  Today my card features Gina K Stamps from Old Country Roses and Tiny Textures.  I stamped the 3 step Rose design with SU Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, and Ruby Red on white CS.    I seldom use any SU inks ( and I have a bunch) but they were perfect for the rose. I then added the leaves from the same set and did the  3 step stamping with Memento New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves, and Olive Green inks.  I added some distressing using fun stamps from the Tiny Textures set with Distress Inks Tea Dye and Wild Honey.  I used GKD CS's for the base and mat.  To really dress up my card, I added Pink Satin Ribbon and some sequins from stash.  The sentiment that I chose from Country Roses is appropriate for many events or just for a card to send someone for the fun of it.
 
Challenges:
Allsorts Challenge Blog: Week 369 Photo Inspiration. The colors from this photo worked beautifully for my card.  And the country roses also were inspiring.
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge: #166  Say it with Flowers.
The Ribbon Girl Blog: June Challenge is any image ...use ribbon.
Tuesday Throw down: Challenge #299 is Distressing
613 Avenue Create Challenge: #182 Anything goes with optional twist the sights, tastes, and sounds of summer. Used the sight of flowers.
 
Lately I have been making so many CAS cards or quick and easy ones, that I enjoyed making this creative one with a lot of stamping, lots of inks,  and adding some pretty embellies.  Hope you enjoy!
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely display for our current challenge, fabulous take on the inspiration colours and thanks for sharing...
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Chana Harris said...

This is so soft and quite lovely! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana

brenda said...

A really beautiful floral creartion and prefect for our theme this week Theresa, thank you so much for sharing your lovely with with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Craftnut said...

Great take on our colour challenge at allsorts Tracy x