Friday, June 24, 2016

Bride with Shine


Hello!  Today I have been playing with shine and glitter on a Wedding card.  It is sooo hard to show the results in a photo so I have shared 2 photos of the card so that hopefully you will see the shine achieved with Sakura Stardust and Wink of Stella Pens.  More shine and shimmer is included in the Gold Shimmer CS by DCWV and the Metallic Gold Bells cut with the Cameo.  I was inspired by several challenges in the making of this card using a Digi Image from A Day for Daisies. The digi was printed on GKD heavyweight CS.
Other Supplies: White CS, Metallic Gold CS, Rhinestones, Pilot Gold Metallic Marker, Embossing Folder, New Epson Printer

Challenges:
A Day for Daisies: Challenge #150 Add Glitter.  Used glitter pens and rhinestones as well as the shimmer and metallic CS with Wedding Veil digi.
Sketch Saturday: Sketch # 417 below
Cards in Envy: It's a great day for a White Wedding or Anniversary Card. Card is flat enough for a A2 envelope.
Shopping Our Stash: #257 Use a Dress or Dress Form.  Use a ADFD Digital image from my stash of images and also the bell file from my Silhouette files.  Also used rhinestones and CS from my stash.
Mod Squad Challenge: All That Glitters.  Missed last week's Wedded Bliss challenge but used that theme with my glitter this week.  Lot of glitter on the wedding dress.
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says Add some Shimmer.  And my card shimmers in the cardstock and on the dress.
Cute Card Thursday: Challenge 431 Wedding/Anniversary





Note: I have a new Epson printer because my HP printer quit feeding heavier paper and struggles to print even after I cleaned the rollers and other maintenance.  For my birthday, I asked for Epson SureColor P400 which I can say is a dream printer for a crafter.  And my DH made my birthday wish come true.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

9 comments:

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Theresa: What a gorgeous Bridal gown, oh my goodness, just beautiful!! the detail of the Rhine Stones on the veil and the shimmer on the dress is indeed amazing.
I hope soon you can give this card to a lucky bride on her Wedding Day.
Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash, hope you come back and join us again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Chana Harris said...

Very pretty design! Thanks so much for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our STash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

lauren bergold said...

beautifully done, so dramatic and lovely! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Wowza! That card is just stunning! Really! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash! I hope to see you there again soon! Cyndi, DT

jenn shurkus said...

such an elegant card! great job capturing the shimmer in your photo :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Mimi said...

This is just so beautiful and elegant... the gorgeous gown combined with the embossing folder is a match made in heaven! Thanks for Shopping Your Stash with us gals at SOS.

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful! I love the embossed background and your shiny bride! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Peggy T. said...

Beautiful. Thank you for joining the All That Glitters Challenge at Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

Peggy T.
DT Member

Helen said...

Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday.

Helen x