Monday, May 2, 2016

Thoughts of Chevron


Welcome!  When I saw the Photo Challenge at Just Add Ink, I thought of my Darice EF Chevron and pulled out some Cardstocks close to the colors in the photo.  I embossed panels of 4 colors and then "fussy cut" along the zig zag  lines of the embossing and overlaid the panels to resemble the afghan in the photo.  I stamped a panel of Clear Vellum with Repeat Impressions Happy Birthday vertical stamp using SU Cameo Coral ink and heat embossed with Clear EP.  I then also embossed the vellum and trimmed the edges and laid over the panel on the left.  I like the frosted look this gave to the left panel.   This was attached to a card base of a lighter hue of turquoise.  
 
Challenges:
Just Add Ink: Challenge #309 Inspiration Photo
House of Cards : May Challenge Clear Papers
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Time Out Challenges: Celebration with die cutting or fussy cutting.  It did take some fussy cutting to trim all the edges.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

13 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Theresa, I'm impressed by your steady hand, cutting all those chevrons so beautifully! This is a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Jan said...

Such a fabulous card Theresa! I love how you've fussy cut the embossed chevrons and pieced them together and the vellum layer gives such a crisp feel too! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a great way to create the chevron stripes Theresa. I love when you can use a product in a new and different way. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have recreated a cozy comforter in this card... It is like a warm hug!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfectly inspired card! Thanks for joining in at STB.

inkeverywhere said...

Wonderful way to use the embossed chevrons. Love the texture they add. Chantell JAI

Jill Vickers said...

I love all the texture - I can definitely see how you were inspired by the photo! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out! Jill

Shona Chambers said...

Well that embossing folders of yours couldn't have been more perfect for this challenge!! Your fussy cutting skills are amazing and love how you layered the different colours on the card front. And the vellum does give a wonderful frosted appearance over the turquoise. Its a brilliant card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Just Add Ink this week!

Daen'Ys said...


I love how you've fussy cut the embossed chevrons - a great and stunning way to use them in a new view.
Thanks for joining us at Hous of Cards this month.
Rosi x -HOC DT

Mynn Kitchen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fun colors and fabulous layering! The texture is awesome, too! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is stunning! I love the colors and the vellum overlay compliments it perfectly. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards this month. We hope to see you again soon.

​E​m AKA Creative Em
HOC DT

PLISSA ADD said...

Lovely and beautiful card! thanks for sharing with us in House of Cards! Enjoy! Paula.

Katarzyna Ewa said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your project with all of us at House of Cards May challange 'Clear papers'

Katarzyna Ewa

my candy
DT craftyenjoyments.co.uk
House of Cards Blog Hop 1-15.06.2016