Thursday, May 26, 2016

Rainbow Burst



Hello! What beautiful weather we are enjoying!  Today I have a card that I call Rainbow Burst, my variation of a Sunburst or Starburst Card.  I made with scraps of GKD Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, and Blue CS's plus other unknown purple and lavender scraps.  I arranged the rays on Green CS and on a card base of White CS.  The GKD sentiment from Stippled Nature  was stamped on a white CS Strip with Stampin Up Green Galore Ink. Embossing was done with Swiss Dots, Chevron, Gingham, and Wicker Weave EF's.

Challenges:
Stamp TV Mix It Up Monday Challenge: The Colors of the Rainbow STV16MON21
Mod Squad Challenge: Use It or Lose It. Use a product that you rarely used, or never used. I have never used the SU Green Galore ink....was still in original plastic wrap. I also seldom use the lavender and purple CS.
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Anything Goes



Note: Several years ago about 2010, my husband gifted me with a SU Color Caddy full of SU inks. He had purchased it along with other items from a friend who gave up card making and sold all her supplies.  I have never used some of the many inks including the Green Galore( never opened) which was the perfect green for this card and I just happened to find when searching for ink for this design.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

5 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

How fun to find something in your stash that your have never used, but is perfect for your design. Love all the colors and different embossing folders you used. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week. We hope to see more of your designs.

Kathy
MSCB DT

kittykat3308 said...

Beautiful card. I love your rainbow sunburst background

Kathleen

Heidi Stamps said...

I love all the texture in your rainbow card! TFS!

Allie Gower said...

Love your Rainbow Burst. Thanks for playing with us this week at the MIUM challenge.

jenn shurkus said...

such a fun card! i love the different textures! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!