Sunday, May 1, 2016

Quilted Mother's Day Card

Hello!  I was experimenting with an idea to create a quilt theme card using just the tools that I have.  I would love to get some dies for quilt patterns.  I started with Spellbinders Blossom die to create a pattern and cut some ODB  Soulful Stitches Pattern Papers and a base for the scallop design of Mint Green CS.  This design would be better with 8 blades  but I was trying to utilize the blossom die.  Even though I was not completely satisfied with my Dresden Plate design,  I finished the card using Green Card base, a layer of another Pattern Paper that I edged with Copic R22. GKD stamp from Needlework Sentiments was stamped with SU Cameo Coral ink and heat embossed with Clear EP.  Circle dies used to cut the center pieces.

Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: Mother's Day
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says Anything Goes
Crafthazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge: Use patterned papers




I will be trying another Dresden Plate pattern soon. Stay tuned.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

3 comments:

Lisa Babitz said...

Your quilt pattern came out great! I love the papers you chose to use and that you created the pattern from scratch with dies you had on hand. So creative! A wonderful Mother's Day card! Thanks for joining us over at the Mod Squad Challenge this week!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the look of the quilted card - the papers all match so perfect! A lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned paper Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Lin said...

Hi Theresa! I think your Dresden Plate looks great, and the sentiment couldn't be a more perfect match! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!