Friday, May 6, 2016

May Flowers




Hello! I still have beautiful tulips blooming ...some of the late ones seem to be staying longer than usual. For this card, I used Power Poppy's digital image Tulips in Hobnail Pitcher that I colored with Copics and used Glossy Accents on the pitcher.  I cut with Nesties circle die and placed on 2 Green Scallop Circles arranged as an oval.  I used an ODB gingham pattern paper that I embossed with Cuttlebug EF Gingham.  I love the effect of using pattern papers with embossing folders. The card base is GKD Grass Green CS and the Pink Satin Organdy ribbon is from my stash...one that I have been hoarding.  I stamped the GKD Birthday sentiment on Pink Vellum with Memento Green ink and embossed with Clear EP. I trimmed the sentiment and attached to the ribbon with Vellum Tape as I wanted the ribbon to show.  This color combo of green and pink is by far one of my favorites.

Challenges:
Double D Challenges: Happy Mother's Day/Happy Birthday-I was inspired by the pink tulips in the tile board shown below.
Mod Squad Challenge: April Showers Bring May Flowers
SweetStamps Blog: May challenge is Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown: 292 Welcome Spring
Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge: #43 May Challenge. I was inspired by the colors on the Inspiration Board shown below.
The Ribbon Girl Blog: May Card Challenge is Anything Goes with Ribbon.
As You Like It Challenge: Which is  Favorite - Patterned or Embossed Papers.  My favorite is combination of Patterned Paper that has been Embossed as I did in this card. This way I get the best use of both.
Power Poppy Power & Spark Challenge: May Flowers- reach for your favorite Power Poppy stamp floral and make it the centerpiece of your design
Double D
 





Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

15 comments:

Darlene said...

Your card is just beautiful Theresa and your coloring is perfect! Love the pink/green combo too! Nicely done! OH and your flowers looks awesome as well. My tulips are pretty much done and my peonies are really late this year. Thanks for sharing your garden beauties! Also, Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Mother’s Day / Birthday’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Davi said...

So pretty Theresa, I love the way you colored the tulips and the beautiful pitcher!!

Barbara said...

I recognized this image right away as a Power Poppy one. You have done it justice and it is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Good luck!
Barbara DT member

Theresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

So beautiful! I do miss growing tulips...they don't do so well here in the desert...lol! Thank you for playing along with paper sweeties this month!

Debbie said...

This is so pretty, Theresa! I love the gingham patterned paper and those pretty blooms! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at Paper Sweeties this month :)

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Theresa!

CraftyGirl said...

Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa. I love the tulip stamp and your colouring. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wonderful design, beautifully colored. Thank you for joining our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

ChristineCreations said...

This is lovely Theresa! It totally captures spring tulips. My last ones are just barely hanging on! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

CherylQuilts said...

Theresa, your tulips are gorgeous, and how wonderful that you have them to inspire you to make this gorgeous card! I love your coloring and the great DP you've used! Stunning card! Hugs!

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card Theresa, I like tulips too. Thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl May Card Challenge, best of luck! Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, and awesome stamping on the ribbon. Great idea! Thanks for playing in our May Flowers challenge!

Nance said...

Gorgeous card and beautifully colored image! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Sweeties!